Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Passenger

Default What a mess, please help ??

I had first went thru a TA for my reservations. Noticed that RCCL was much cheaper, so I contacted RCCL and they advised me to have my reservations transfered. When I asked my TA to do this she became angry and cancelled my reservations. I finally got her to send the letter, but she was not suppose to cancel, just transfer. I am out of my reservation plus the 700 coupon I had towards my trip because you can't use it again. I have contacted RCCl and told them what the situation is, but no one can help me. Can anyone advise me on how to handle this matter.
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Panama 12/05
Carnival Valor, Western 1/05
Married on Carnival Destiny, Southern 12/2000
Carnival Fantasy, Bahamas 11/97
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Passenger

Hello CJL,
There is no such thing as having an TRAVEL AGENCY booking transfered to the Cruise Line. There is such a thing when it is the other way around. A booking made with the cruise line can be "claimed" by a Travel Agent. I am afraid you got a RCI agent that basicly didn't want to tell you that you are out of luck as far as getting the lower rate and was reluctant to say so. In order to end the call, he/she refered you back to your agent.

You have yourself in a difficult situation. If the Travel Agent is not able to have the original booking reinstated, you have no choice but to reserve through the Cruise Line at the current going rates. I also doubt they will honor the coupon. I had a similar coupon situation once where I wanted to apply it to a cruise that was paid in full and RCI wanted no part of it.

I wish you good luck and hope the trip is enjoyable when you go
Explorer of the Seas 01,02,05
Navigator of the Seas 03
Monarch of the Seas 92,93,94,99
Granduer of the Seas 98,00
Sovereign of the Seas 89,91,92
Nordic Prince 87,93
Song of Norway 90
Song of America 90
Century 96
Norway 88,93,94
Seaward 89
Old September 27th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Passenger

I didn't just call one RCCl person, I called at least 10 and got the same advise as to have my TA not cancel the reservation, but transfer it to RCCL. I have a reservation # . This is my issue. If I didn't cancel the reservation, how can a TA do so without my permission and I lose my coupons as well???
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to nycruiser

CJL. I am a TA for nine years. The rate the cruise line gives is that rate the TA gives you. If the cruise line gave you a cheaper rate the TA can definately get you that rate! If not they are lying! People have this misconception that the cruise line gives better rates to direct bookings ( the cruise lines LOVE this misconception cause they dont pay the TA a commission - which the consumers NEVER incurr) if thats so the cruise lines are infringing on the contract they have with travel agents! My suggestion is have the travel agent get the rate you were quoted by the line and keep in mind rates can change daily and are subject to availability so you may have called a few days ago and received a rate. This rate may not be available today.
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Let me also say this. If you are under deposit and the rate went down the TA can NORMALLY get that promotional rate as long as you qualify. SOmetimes cruise lines run a promo for new bookings only and then you would not qualify for the new promotional fare. But again if the rate is lower then when you booked have the TA call and speak to a supervisor and the cruise line will adjust it. This is based on your being under a deposit the line wont always do that once you paid in full.
Old September 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

As we do here at work - escalate! Call back the travel agency & ask to speak to this person's boss. Explain the situation & see what happens from there. Totally unacceptable behavior.
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Passenger

nycruiser,
You are wrong in this matter. Not only did she quote me a price and I have it in writing, but included a 100 on board credit. When I asked her about the difference in price between RCCL she flew off the handle and told me she was taking away the 100 credit. I said that was fine if I can get the price RCCL offered. That is when she said she was going to cancel my reservations because she was sick of RCCL undercutting her and she is loosing her commission. I asked her to calm down and we could talk about it, but she was too busy swearing at me. I have tried to call, email and asked her if she sent a letter to transfer my reservation, but she will not tell me. She told me to stick it up my a--. The whole thing about this is that I only asked her about the price difference and she totally went nuts. I feel I have the right to ask my TA questions. I have travel pretty much all over the world and not once have I came across this type of behavior in a TA.
Old September 29th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Admiral

CJL - that is absolutely totally UNACCEPTABLE behavior on your travel agent's part. GO over her head(unless she is the boss) and get it straightened out. Sounds like she threw a hissy fit tamper tantrum. Since you have a booking number you can check on the status of your reservation,on line to see if it has been cancelled or not.
This is what you can also do. If you have a quote in writing and since you have a booking number, find yourself another travel agent and see if they will honor the offer and transfer your booking from the old agency to the new one. I don't know about the coupon offer, that is something you will have to deal with RCCL direct.
Old September 29th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Passenger

I called RCCL and explained my situation. The first three people I got were no help. I just kept on calling until I finally got a person that knew what to do. She contacted my old TA and got a written letter to transfer my reservation over to RCCL. I got an email with my confirmation from RCCL showing I am booked and even received the lower rate. My coupons were able to be used as well and I got my original room. Thank you everyone for your help.
Old September 29th, 2006, 12:45 PM
First Mate

How does one get $700.00 coupon?
Old September 29th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

CJL I'm so happy this all worked out in your favor! Persistence indeed pays off in the end. What unprofessional behavior on the part of your TA! Have a great time on your cruise!

Jeff
Old September 29th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Now that you have won one battle go win another one.

Get the TA delisted and cause some grief for her company.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 30th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Beginner

Default COUPON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal
How does one get $700.00 coupon?
Yes, how does anyone get a $700 coupon...? Please tell
Old September 30th, 2006, 03:28 PM
First Mate

Exactly what I asked, and would like to know.
Old October 1st, 2006, 01:01 AM
Passenger

I am a platnium member and want to know how to get a coupon.700.00 is one healthy discount.Share you fortunes with the rest of us.

Joyce
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

CJL as we have all concluded I think your TA was unprofessional. Sorry you experienced that! Not all TA's are like that especially me. Im so nice!!!!!!!! I am joking....well I am nice and I am fair with my clients!!! I have to say I was baffeled by RCI giving you a lower rate then a TA. I was on the phone with them the other day and the reservation agent said to me (after I asked him) that whatever rate they give TA's they offer the public as well. I think maybe your TA was overcharging. If you asked for a copy of the faxed confirmation from her from RCI would she give it to you? If she does not want to then she is hiding something. Has anyone else been given lower rates booking directly with the cruise lines? I ask this because these lines come to Travel Agents begging us to fill their ship and they go on and on how we are so important (which I dont beleive). I find it ineresting that they may be doing this. Corporate slimy people!!!!!!!!! For a lack of a better word.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Passenger

How did I get my coupons? Here is the story. On our cruise to Panama we noticed our toliet wasn't working in our JS. We were given an inside room to use until it was fixed. It was only for 1 night, so I didn't mind. About a month later I get a certified letter from RCCL. Inside is a letter of apology for the inconvenience we had on our trip with the bathroom and 2 coupons for us to use on another cruise. I was completely shocked, but delighted. I have read letters from people complaining wanting to be compensated for this or that and don't get anywhere with RCCL. I never complained and look what happened.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Admiral

CJL, how nice is that! You have had so much frustration with this booking, I truly hope it is smooooooth sailing from here on out! It would be tempting to want a pound of flesh from the original TA, but sometimes we can't get it. If that is the case, chalk it up to a learning experience and enjoy your cruise.

Bon Voyage!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 8th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AAAAmerican.Com
Default Go UpLine

Go UpLine. Yes speak to the Owner of the Travel Agency now.

If not there is more wrong than you are saying in this BB here.
Old October 8th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Beginner

I have to agree with NYCruiser - I am also a travel agent and we always can get the same price that the cruise line offers. My guess is that your TA was inflating the price to increase her profits, which might explain her hissy fit over losing out on that extra money. Very unprofessional - if she is not the owner of the agency definitely go over her head. If she is the owner, report her behavior to both Royal Caribbean and CLIA (the Cruise Line International Association (www.cruising.org).

Have a great time on the cruise and just put all the unpleasantness behind you!