Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Passenger

Default a little help from the cruisers

my wife and I are planing a trip to the western caribean next year on the liberty of the seas. Is it true that the frteedon and the liberty are idenical. Would there be a differece in any way? Everybody is giving out rave reviews on the freedon but I don't see anything on the liberty of the seas. Can someone help out? thanks Mr. Jay
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Passenger

i just founfd out why..... sorry for asking that stupid question
Old September 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

The reason there isnt much about Liberty,is because Liberty OTS hasn't sailed yet...so no one can really give a review on it!But from what ive read,they are both supposed to be very similar!!
Old September 28th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Admiral

They are both in the Freedom Class of ships. They might not be totally identical, but very siimilar.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 28th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysayy33
i just founfd out why..... sorry for asking that stupid question
There is "no such thing is a stupid question!"

Wish I was booked on Liberty -- be sure bring back lots of pictures and a review for all of us waiting our turn.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 1st, 2006, 11:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Mr. Jay: Most "sister" ships will be so close in appearance that the average cruiser won't notice many differences. Since the Freedom is such a huge success already, my sense is there will only be subtle changes made to Liberty. The cruise lines like to stay with designs that work.

Artwork of course is sometimes quite different on sister ships, particularly the atrium hanging art and theatre curtain. That always makes it fun to compare them.

RCI has taken all of the trademark successes of the Voyager family of ships, stretched them a bit, and has come up with a real winner with the Freedom family. We're booked on Liberty in December '07 and are looking forward to comparing it to Freedom. If anything, we'd like to see a 2nd FLowrider, as it is very popular 8) If you haven't booked yet, rest assured either ship will amaze you. Happy cruising!
Old October 2nd, 2006, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'm sure Liberty will be just as great at Freedom, I'd book either ship. Have you already cruised on a Voyager class?

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 2nd, 2006, 09:17 AM
Passenger

can't sat that i have miss donna, this will be our 2nd cruise first one was on the jewal.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 08:06 PM
Admiral

The Adventure and the Explorer are sister ships. My wife and I have sailed on both. The differences were slight. Not enough to make any real differences. They both are nice. I'm sure the same will be for the Freedom and the Liberty. My wife and I are looking at cruising the Freedom again and looking forward to cruising on the Liberty. Thats the only real way to tell, do them both.