Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2006, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to H.B.
Default GRAND SUITE VS JUNIOR SUITE

We are sailing on the Adventure of the seas in March. We are a family of 4--my husband, myself, and our 2 teenage daughters. Has anyone been in a grand suite and do you think it is worth the extra money vs a balcony room or junior suite?
Old October 1st, 2006, 10:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Grand Suites are large (381 sf), very nice with lots of extras. Junior Suites are not quite as large (277 sf), and still have a full size tub. The larger balcony cabins - Superior Ocean View (D1 or D2) are 202 sf, but have only a shower.

Another option is a Superior Ocean View w/balcony (D1 or D2) for you and your husband, and an Interior (L or M) for your daughters. The inside cabins are 160 sf, but you'll have 2 staterooms with 2 bathrooms, just no tub or extra amenities.

These two cabins would be slightly less than the Junior Suite by itself, which is about $1,000 less than a Grand Suite. Ask your Cruise Agent for booking specifics.

Bottom line: if you want cozy family time and more space, the JS might be a good bet. If you want more privacy, try 2 cabins.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 04:18 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info. 2 cabins is a good idea. Do you know what "extras" come with a grand suite?
Old October 3rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had a GS on the Navigator last June. You get access to the Concierge Lounge, priority on booked up shor excursions and spa treatments. Tickets for things onboard that you need tickets for(like the ice show). You get special treats each afternoon(chocolate dipped strawberries, hors deouvres, etc.) , stationary with your name on it. It's fun actually. The balcony is big . the bathroom is huge.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:52 PM
Passenger

Wow that sounds really cool. Can you tell me if there is a separate line for embarkation? Thanks.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

H.B.: Yes, there is a separate line for Suite passengers. It gets you to the check-in faster and they also provide a pre-embarkation lounge with fresh-baked cookies and coffee/tea and other goodies.

You'll have to decide if all the perks are worth the extra money for one suite vs. 2 cabins. Is this your 1st cruise on RCI?
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:16 AM
First Mate

Candbgirl,

Would you happen to know (or anyone) which is nicer, the GS or the Owners Suite and do you have to order the speical treats(chocolate dipped strawberry, hor deourves, or are they automatically sent to your room.

Wow, how nice stationary with your name on it.

Thanks,
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Admiral

All those "special treats" just keep coming day after day.
As for GS vs OS, the OS is of course bigger. But I find the GS nicer.
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:21 PM
First Mate

in what way, could you elaborate....

thanks
Old October 6th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Passenger

does the GS have a separate tub and shower or are they together?
Old October 7th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

I don't know anything about the OS V. GS. But we will always get a GS from now on. It is really nice-plenty of room. The tub and shower are together-at least in our room. And the afternoon treats just appear each afternoon around 4. Very nice.
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Passenger

Are the minibars stocked when staying in the grand suite and do the charge for it?