Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2006, 08:43 PM
Passenger

Default Why is it cheaper?

I booked a cruise on the FOS for June 24, 2007, while I was on a cruise this year. When the Liberty of the Seas was introduced, I checked the prices, and it was $200.00 cheaper. Yet, the Liberty is a newer ship. I surely thought the Liberty would be more expensive than the Freedom considering it is newer. Sorry to say, this will be our last cruise for awhile. Going to start to do more land vacations
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
Familiar Face

We booked the Freedom 2 years before she set sail. We booked not knowing anything about the ship as RCI wasn't releasing much. We had the intention that we would cancel it and rebook a different ship as we thought FOS would be too big. Boy are we glad we didn't cancel. The price was extremely low, and as more info was released and the prices went up, we kept our booking. As we closed in on the year before sailing we tried to get cabins for family & friends but the price had practically doubled. For the cheaper rate, perhaps you could switch your trip to the Liberty? Either way, you'll enjoy your trip. As for prices, it's like the airlines, no two people seem to pay the same price for the same thing. They sell the seats cheap and as the plane fills up they increase the prices. I imagine the cruise lines do the same.
Old October 6th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Why is it cheaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkut
I booked a cruise on the FOS for June 24, 2007, while I was on a cruise this year. When the Liberty of the Seas was introduced, I checked the prices, and it was $200.00 cheaper. Yet, the Liberty is a newer ship. I surely thought the Liberty would be more expensive than the Freedom considering it is newer. Sorry to say, this will be our last cruise for awhile. Going to start to do more land vacations
Supply and demand. Cruise industry may be second to airlines in terms of the sophistication of their yield management software.