Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2006, 07:41 PM
First Mate

Default Concierge Lounge

Has anyone visited the concierge lounge, and if so what is it like. Are there unlimited drinks and what kind and is it worth going to? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi!Concierge Lounge is for suites and diamond members Crown & Anchor.
Upon arrival you have a special key to go there when ever you want.You
have coffee or tea all day long but before dinner a glass or two of wine with hors d'oeuvres. It is free.The person in charge only in the evening can arrange to help you with reservation for excursions or restaurant. At
the end of the cruise you have to leave a tip. Have a nice cruise! Mateli
Old October 7th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

We only went a couple of times. The drinks are free and so are the snacks. The concierge was a jerk and no help at all. He spent the whole time we were inthe lounge on the telephone. The lounge wasn't used too much on our cruise. It seemed whenever we went or even were walking by it was pretty empty. You are better off sitting on your balcony than in a couped up room with no view.
Old October 7th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

First off, you don't HAVE to leave a tip. If the Concierge is of help to you then by all means tip accordingly. Second, the lounge is a nice quite place to go both during the day and in the evening before dinner. We usually go to the lounge before dinner and have a drink or 2 and maybe a few snacks. Between 5 and 6 pm I have seen as few as 4 people and as many as 15 in the lounge. Sometimes the Concierge is on the phone but that is because they are usually trying to please a customer not ignore those in the lounge. I have used the lounge on my last 4 sailings and find that it saves me a little money (drinks are free) but gives me a chance to talk or relax in a quite setting.

It is a great perk (IMHO) and I would suggest you try it for yourself to see if it is useful to you. Almost forgot, while the drinks are free you can't take them with you outside the lounge (I have had the Concierge put the drink in a Seattles Best coffee cup to go and no one was the wiser .

Sovereign - 3/99
Paradise - 4/00
Majesty - 11/00
Monarch - 12/02 (XMAS)
Radiance - 8/03 (AK) & 11/03
Adventure - 4/04, 3/05, 8/06
Navigator - 11/05
Century - 12/06
Serenade - 3/07

Adventure of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas
Old October 7th, 2006, 02:37 PM
First Mate

Thanks Mjyanne,

That was my next question, was wondering you could take a glass of wine back to your room and drink it there. Also, do they serve beer or just wine? Is it true that you can get movies to bring back to your room to watch free of charge?

Thank you,
Old October 7th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Admiral

On some ships they serve beer and the same goes for dvds to take to your suite to watch.
Old October 7th, 2006, 03:07 PM
First Mate

Is there coffee served early in the morning that you can take back with you to your room. My husband hates to go all the way down to the windjammer to get coffee just to come back to the room. We don't like to use the room service so early in the morning just for coffee because it wakes up everyone else in the room.

Thank you
Old October 7th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Yapp, there´s coffee to take to your suite if you wish.
Old October 8th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Royal and all: I'm not sure all RCI ships treat the Concierge Lounge the same. We were on Freedom OTS last month as new Diamond members. Freedom has both a Diamond Club on Deck 14, and the Concierge Club on Deck 10. Once on board, you are issued a separate key card (looks like your SeaPass) to use for entry into these lounges. The Diamond Club card will not permit entry into the Concierge Club, however.

Concierge Club is suite guests only. So far, the only suite my wife and I have enjoyed was a JS on Serenade OTS, cruising to Hawaii a year ago. On that ship, access to the Concierge Club was for suite guests in higher level suites (Grand, Owners, Royal Family, Royal).

Can't speak to Concierge Club specifics. Diamond Club had espresso machine (there were paper cups w/lids for discreet exit with your favorite drink ). Continental breakfast treats, 2 computers to use, Royal Ambassador for future cruise bookings, and a very nice lounge setting. One main difference: this is located in the spot where the 19th Hole is located on Voyager class ships. As a result (and nicer locale for the view) you have a fabulous view off the starboard side of the ship through floor to ceiling windows.

Hope this helps, Steve
Old October 8th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Concierge Club is only for guests in GS and upwards on All ships with concierge service (Unfortunately some brochures, incl RCI´s own indicate otherwise )

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCscoop
Concierge Club is suite guests only. So far, the only suite my wife and I have enjoyed was a JS on Serenade OTS, cruising to Hawaii a year ago. On that ship, access to the Concierge Club was for suite guests in higher level suites (Grand, Owners, Royal Family, Royal).
Old October 8th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Passenger

Diamond and Diamond Plus members also have access to the concierge lounges on all of the RCI ships that have them, except for the Freedom which has a Diamond club for diamond and diamond plus C&A members. The one difference between concierge lounges on the Voyager and Freedom class ships is that they are interior lounges, while the ones on Radiance class as well as the Enchantment and Splendour(I think) have great exterior views. Diamond club on Freedom has spectacular location with views from high up on the ship.
Old October 9th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Admiral

Hi Bill and welcome aboard.
You know that I know about Diamond and Diamond+´s having access to the concierge lounges. What I ment to explain was that JS guests don´t have that access on any ships (not only on the SR).
Old October 9th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Passenger

Hi Roland - I know that you know and was only trying to complete your answer for others who might not be aware of this perk for diamonds. About to pack for our glorious adventure with the kids and grandkids onboard the FR next Sunday. Best to Gunn-Britt from Rita and me.
Old October 9th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Thanks my friend,
So will it be the Diamond Club a/o Concierge Club this time
Kiss to Rita
Old October 9th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I will have the details as far as the Enchantment is concerned when I get back. I will take some pictures in there as well.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old October 9th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Admiral

DtW, Don´t forget to take some pics of hotties as well
Old October 9th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Yes, I will get pics of the hotties, not so hotties, the ship, cabins, Concierge lounge, belly flop contest, Speedos, ports of call, and some pics of yours truly of course.

8)

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to H.B.

Can anyone tell me if there are computers with internet capabilities in conceirge lounge free in the lounge?