Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Passenger

Default Please help on a cabin recommendation!

Iam planning a last minute trip in March on the Mariner of the Seasfor my sister and I. We have cruused many times but never on RCI. I am really dying to try out RCI. iI is perfect for uss since she lives about anhour away from Port CanavaralMy dilemma is this. We usually reserve a suite (which are all gone with the exception of the JS suites. Also, we almost always get an aft cabin which is nice for us since we like to hang out there instead of the pool. There are only 2 aft cabins left both on the 6th floor. What do you think? There seems to be a lot of "gray" area in front of us.Is it worth it on deck 6 we could aslo go ton E2 class on the hump. Are those balconies largier? like could get two lounge chairs out there? It would be on dectk 7. How are the views from there down and up. Thanks for you help in advance. If anyone has any good sites where I can view pics that would be great. I am trying to pull this together fast to cheer my sister up as her son left 2 weeks ago to answer his call to dury in Iraq. I want to make it nice for her. THanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

On the Mariner (and other Voyager Class) there's a fair bit of ship's structure around the aft cabins, in m opion, making them less desirable than aft cabins on other ships.

In this case I think you'll be happier with a cabin on the "hump".
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

On the Mariner (and other Voyager Class) there's a fair bit of ship's structure around the aft cabins, in m opion, making them less desirable than aft cabins on other ships.

In this case I think you'll be happier with a cabin on the "hump".
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Passenger

Default Junior suite?

Thanks for the help Kuki. I am now debating between a cabin on the "hump" and a Junior suite that is 1 cabin away from the corner of the hump. I think a junior suite would be better for us because the balcony is larger. I would like to have a couple of chaise lounges and I don't think that they would fit on a regular balcony. All the other suite categories are sold out. I guess we could be on the waiting list....what are your thoughts about the JS? Thanks in advance! I am just about "researched out"! I just want to go!!!
Old October 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
First Mate

Go to webshots and search using the ships name etc. Im sure some folks have uploaded pictures of the ship.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old October 14th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Beginner

junior suites are plenty big for 2 ppl- aft balcony's are larger- hump ones are only slightly larger if any - we have our first hump next week- have had an e2 aft and it was great- it was corner aft......i thought the balcony next to ours looked larger since it was square and ours was pie shaped- this was on adventure deck 9 - if you want the larger bal...i would go aft-