CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Travel Agencies???? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/321862-travel-agencies.html)

toospoiled October 9th, 2006 08:34 PM

Travel Agencies????

I have ALWAYS booked online myself.Is it better to use a travel agent.The first time I used Vacations To Go when booking my trips.I had several difficulties on that trip.I took my brother who is blind.I ask the agent how "blind friendly"are cruises.Several things she promised were not right.I wanted mid ship,got front of the ship.Was promised a seperate bed for him,he got a berth to pull down from the ceiling.He got my bed and I slept in the pull down.Room service one night.One plate of food had a live roach in it.A LIVE ROACH.Still I learned from my first cruise.I made a nice complaint to RCCL,they told me to take up any complaints with VTG.I contacted them,and have never heard back from them.Never made any waves,just was curious as to which way is best to book.

Joyce

seadog2 October 9th, 2006 08:54 PM

A live roach, really. What ship was that !!??

toospoiled October 9th, 2006 09:43 PM

Soverign,before the referb.

mellowrose October 9th, 2006 09:52 PM

I actually saw a cockroach fly onto the deck when we were in Port, so it doesn't necessarily mean they are in the ship as well. Hard to keep the flying creepies out.

toospoiled October 9th, 2006 09:54 PM

This is so true.I never made any issues.

ragtiki2005 October 9th, 2006 10:09 PM

I have used Vacations to Go twice and they have been great for me. If you book with them again, ask for a girl named Tamarah. Very good customer service. Bob

seadog2 October 10th, 2006 08:40 PM

toospoiled, my comment was ment to be light. :) I know the incident wasn't too funny at the time. Sounds like you handled the issue with much tact. :D I too have seen roaches on board. i've seen ants and other flying things. I know the Caribbean is famous for all types of critters...

toospoiled October 10th, 2006 09:33 PM

thank you for all replys.I wanted to take my brother on a nice cruise before he dies.I have traveled much of my life.With saying this,you can expect anything.I wasn't looking for anything.Just a nice time with my brother.And that is what he had.He speaks fondly of our trip together.So the good very much out weighted the bad.I had't much expierence under my belt.I now know what to do and what to expect now.So someday soon I shall take him on another.

Again,thank you

Joyce

rosetattoo October 11th, 2006 10:54 AM

Sounds like your travel agent dropped the ball. My suggestion would be to find a reputable agency in your area who books a lot of cruises. It's great sitting across the table from a real person to discuss all your expectations and requirements. There are a lot of people who book their cruises online with no problems but we much prefer a face-to-face meeting. It personalizes your cruise and you establish a rapport and a good working relationship with the T.A. They can be of immeasurable assistance to you if you encounter any problems pre or post cruise.

Fieldmouse October 11th, 2006 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosetattoo
Sounds like your travel agent dropped the ball. My suggestion would be to find a reputable agency in your area who books a lot of cruises. It's great sitting across the table from a real person to discuss all your expectations and requirements. There are a lot of people who book their cruises online with no problems but we much prefer a face-to-face meeting. It personalizes your cruise and you establish a rapport and a good working relationship with the T.A. They can be of immeasurable assistance to you if you encounter any problems pre or post cruise.

I agree with rosetattoo. Find an Agent that you can sit and talk face to face with. When you do that, you'll be sure that your questions and concerns are being handled right then, while they're still fresh in your mind. You are being very patient and extraordinaryly kind with what happen on your cruise.

Don't give up cruising because of that experience though...it sounds like it can only get better, and it will!