Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Passenger

Default TRANSFER FROM FLL TO PORT

how much does it cost to get a taxi from FLL to the port? RC charges $26pp roundtrip. is this a reasonable price? i see no problem grabbing a taxi to the port but when it comes time to leave the ship, won't EVERYONE need a taxi? it might be difficult then? also, for those of you who have used transfers, what are some good and bad points about it? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Familiar Face

I am guessing that you mean to Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale not the Port of Miami. Last Sept. the cost of cab from Fll. airport the Port Everglades was $12.00. The down side to using the transfers offered by the cruiseline is that you have to wait for the bus to fill up and everyones luggage to loaded onto the bus before leaving for the ship.
Then once you get to the ship, the driver has to unload all the bags before you can get off of the bus ( at least that's the way it was the last time we used the cruiseline transfers).
At the end of your cruise it's the same way. You have to wait for bus to fill up and be loaded with everyones bags before heading to the airport.
If you are flying into Fll and your ship is leaving from Fll , it is soooo much easier and cheapier to just grab a cab. There are always plenty at the airport and the cruis terminal.
3 Holland America cruises
1 Celebrity cruise
Old October 18th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Passenger

ooops, sorry, i thought there was only 1 port. i think it is called port everglades? thanks for the advice, i will take a taxi! =)
Old October 19th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

There should be a ton of taxi's. It's one of the few places guaranteed for business for them. Soomeone always needs a taxi!!
Old October 19th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Passenger

thank you guys so much! you just saved me so much headache and money!! =)