Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to H.B.
Default Crown and Anchor points

I was reading that RCI bought celebrity cruiseline several years ago. I was wondering if I sailed on Celebrity cruise line do I get crown and anchor points to go along with my RCI points? I sailed on a celebrity cruise on The Zenith last April and I hope the points cross over to RCI. I am sailing on AOS next March so we will have C and A points started. I have no intention to ever sail on Celebrity again, but I wanted to check on this.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 08:09 AM
Captain

Default C & A Status

If you sail on Celebrity, that counts as a Celebrity cruise. It doesn't also count as a Royal Caribbean cruise. However, when you get to a certain level with one cruise line (such as Diamond on RCI), you have the equivalent status on Celebrity. For example, we have Diamond status on RCI. We sailed on Celebrity for the first time this past February, and we were considered Elite level on Celebrity, even though it was our first cruise. We got all the perks of Elite, but the cruise was credited only to our Celebrity account, not to RCI. Make sense?
Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to H.B.

Thank you for the info. Can you tell me how you think the 2 cruises compare?
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Captain

Default RCI vs. Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.B.
We have had 15 RCI cruises, and one on Celebrity, so it's obvious we're partial to Royal Caribbean.

Some of the differences......We had a Concierge Class cabin on Celebrity, and each day we got fresh flowers and hors 'd ouvres. Not so on RCI - we've never booked a cabin in the same class. We thought the food was better on Celebrity. We also thought the passengers on Celebrity were a little more "upscale", whatever that means. On formal nights, we saw lots more tuxedos on men than on RCI. On Celebrity, when we came onboard, we were greeted by a waiter with a glass of champagne - not so on RCI. On RCI, there's a rock climbing wall, but not on Celebrity (not that we would have used it).

As you can see by my signature, we're booked on more RCI cruises, but we will also sail Celebrity again, when the right itinerary and right price come up.
Old October 25th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: RCI vs. Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootersdad
Quote:
We have had 15 RCI cruises, and one on Celebrity, so it's obvious we're partial to Royal Caribbean.

:
Did you see many kids - assuming the time of year was correct? Would kids (12 & 14) be bored on Celebrity?
Old October 26th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Captain

Default Re: RCI vs. Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by selctsys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootersdad
Quote:

:
Did you see many kids - assuming the time of year was correct? Would kids (12 & 14) be bored on Celebrity?
We were on Celebrity early in February this year. It was a 7-night cruise. I don't remember seeing very many kids of any age. Of course, if you sail in the Summer, there would probably be more young people. My opinion is that your kids would probably have more fun on an RCI ship.
Old October 26th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Passenger

hi

we have sailed on RCI , Celebrity and NCL.

our 16 year old son had an wonderfull time on the Jewel (NCL) in august, this weekend we are leaving for the Freedom with the whole family 3 boys between 16 and 21 and 2 girls 19 and 20. I think they will have a good time but I would take them on Celebrity.
NCL an RCI are more fun for the kids than Celebrity