Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
Beginner

Default RCCL, Carnival, NCL or Princess

My boyfriend and are in our late 20's and we are planning our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera this December. We have it narrowed down to the Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas, Carnival Pride, Diamond Princess, or the Norwegian Star. We would like to find a ship that is high energy (fun nightlife) and has good service. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

I cannot speak for the Carnival Pride or NCL Star, never cruised on them. I've been on Grand Princess, nice but difficult to navigate your way through the public areas, and the feel was more subdued.

RCI has all the right stuff in my opinion: great ships (Vision is a beautiful ship with plenty of glass for views to the outside), entertainment, activities that should appeal to you, and plenty of energy. I haven't taken that particular cruise (still have many Caribbean itineraries to do), but have taken Vision on a Pacific NW cruise.

My son took that same cruise on Vision OTS a few years ago as a graduation gift and loved it...the lounge has dancing and live music, and a fun karaoke competition. Check out some reader reviews to gather more info.

Take care, Steve
Old October 24th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have been on the Vision for the mexican cruise and it was pretty good regarding late night entertainment. By reputation at least, I would think the Carnival ship would be the biggest party.
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: RCCL, Carnival, NCL or Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelgib54
My boyfriend and are in our late 20's and we are planning our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera this December. We have it narrowed down to the Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas, Carnival Pride, Diamond Princess, or the Norwegian Star. We would like to find a ship that is high energy (fun nightlife) and has good service. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I just returned earlier this month from the Mexican Riviera on the Vision OTS. We had a great cruise and I highly recommend it! I did do a reader review on the cruise and ship, but it has not been posted yet in the reader reviews by the powers that be at Cruisemates.com.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13