Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Passenger

Default In- Cabin Baby Sitters on the Jewel of the Seas?

We are travelling on the Jewel with our infant daughter. We want to get a in-cabin baby sitter. I have spoken to RCCL and the phone people are of little help. They only seem to know how much it is, and that it is available. Where do we go to book the babysitters? Can we get on for the first night? Can we book at one time for the nights we want for the whole cruise, or do we have to book daily? Thank you in advance for any help.
Ectasy 1993
Statendam 1993, 1994, 1996
Royal Princess 1995
Veendam 1997
Splendor of the Seas 1998
Elation 1999
Volendam 1999
Rotterdam 2000
Monarch of the Seas 2001
Explorer of the Seas 2002
Golden Princess 2003
Caribbean Princess 2004
Jewel of the Seas 2006*
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Hi dogsambam,

Here's the link to babysitting on the RCL site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allabo...rrP7:10ktdmnut

It looks like you'll have to wait until you board to find out about babysitting. I'd suggest you ask at the Purser's Desk ASAP. There's probably a limited number of in-cabin sitters available.

I hope someone who's used this service will be of more help !

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old November 4th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to grammiedo

we have not as yet used the in cabin babysitting but i believe the last inquiry it was $8 AN HR. As available . So I would contact the pursers desk as soon as you board to find out whom to arrange it through because it is first come first serve basis. We checked it out one time so we would know if we took our granddaughter and this is what we were told hope it helps.
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:31 PM
First Mate

Default In cabin

You need to go to the Purser's Office and request. Yes it is available every evening depending on staff volunteers and the number of requests. Our last RCI cruise, Rhapsody, we had a female member of the security staff. SHe was outstanding. $10.oo per hour is the going rate.
Payable, in cash, every evening you use their services.

It cannot be pre-booked because RCI is not aware, until sailing day, who has volunteered
Old November 8th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Your post brought back a funny memory. We were on Serenade last year & one evening, 2 staff members must have had about 6 kids with her (I think this was the only time we saw kids!).

They had aluminium foil antenaes on their heads & the staff members made a particular sound & the kids did a particular sound at you. I think the passengers were the aliens or something & the kids had to find the aliens, we never could figure it out, but it was really cute. Maybe we were something else, who knows? (If anyone has seen this, please let me know, we still have no clue to this day)

Anyway, point is, they do have babysitting service. The staff members you could tell were kid people & just loved having fun.
Old November 11th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra
Your post brought back a funny memory. We were on Serenade last year & one evening, 2 staff members must have had about 6 kids with her (I think this was the only time we saw kids!).

They had aluminium foil antenaes on their heads & the staff members made a particular sound & the kids did a particular sound at you. I think the passengers were the aliens or something & the kids had to find the aliens, we never could figure it out, but it was really cute. Maybe we were something else, who knows? (If anyone has seen this, please let me know, we still have no clue to this day)

Anyway, point is, they do have babysitting service. The staff members you could tell were kid people & just loved having fun.
Cassandra, if they were roaming the ship, that sounds like an activity of the kids club. On Monarch this past June they did something similar, but the kids were pirates (Monarch is the short trip ship out of Los Angeles). They roam the ship with the conselors telling whatever story the conselors have decided on, showing the adults how much fun they're having, or something like that (no kids of my own to put in the program yet).