Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Passenger

Default Room size on Splendour...

We are getting ready to take our first RCCL cruise on Splendour of the Seas. We have previously cruised with Carnival and Celebrity. It's just a little getaway, and we are wondering exactly how small the rooms are. We are booking your basic inside cabin, no frills. I've heard the average size of the basic room is about 138 sq. ft. How tight a fit is it really????? Is there a vanity, or just the bathroom. Also, tell me your impressions of RCCL and the Splendour. We are extremely curious. Thanks!!!

Tara
CARNIVAL ECSTASY AUG 2006
CARNIVAL CONQUEST SEPT 2007
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Tara: Splendour OTS is part of the Vision class of ships for RCI. It's about 10 years old, and back then, RCI was building ships to put as many passengers on board as possible for the ship size of that time. In only 10 years, ships are now twice that size! That said, the inside staterooms of the Vision class ships are on the small size. Not unmanageble mind you, just small. As a comparison: I think the inside cabins on Princess' Grand Princess are the most poorly laid out cabins at 160 sq feet. They're very difficult to get around in.

Check out this link to view your cabin on Splendour: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...=R&deckCode=BD

There is a vanity, albeit somewhat small. You will love the look and feel of the Splendour OTS. I've not been on her personally, but have been on two of her sisters, Grandeur OTS and Vision OTS. Very well laid out and easy to navigate your way around. As with all RCI ships, they have a 2-dimensional ship map at elevator lobbies to assist you.

Good luck, Steve
Old November 8th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Hello Tara;

Unlike RCScoop, I HAVE been aboard Splendour, and find their inside cabins to be O.K. They are small, but well designed and passenger friendly. Also unlike RCScoop, I find the cabins aboard the Grand Princess to be excellent. Yes, they are larger, and they are well designed and easy to get around in with lots of storage space and once again, very passenger friendly. Don't worry about the Splendour. It's an excellent ship, and a great cruise.

Ken
Old November 10th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much!! I am looking forward to cruising RCCL for the first time. We have so enjoyed discovering cruising!!! We can't wait for what RCCL has to offer!!

Tara
CARNIVAL ECSTASY AUG 2006
CARNIVAL CONQUEST SEPT 2007