CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Bayonne, NJ (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/323181-bayonne-nj.html)

Royal November 9th, 2006 12:41 PM

Bayonne, NJ

Anyone know how safe it is to park at the pier in Bayonne, NJ and how much; and is it suggested?

Thank you, in advance.

Suzysch November 9th, 2006 02:24 PM

its very safe in Bayonne, no problems there.

sharon_psu November 9th, 2006 10:13 PM

We've parked there several times and never had a problem

Cost is $15.00 per day.

Royal November 11th, 2006 09:58 AM

Ouch, that's a lot.

Royal November 12th, 2006 07:26 PM

Am I the only who thinks this a lot????? figure 10 day cruise with $15.00 a day. That is a lOT. Might be better off taking a taxi.........no?

sharon_psu November 13th, 2006 09:44 AM

I should have told you that the few times we paid to park we were taking 5-night cruises (Bermuda/Canada). Plus, our cost was being split 4 ways so it only came to around $20/pp.

When we do the 9-night cruise we have a van/limo service take us to and from the pier. We live in Pennsylvania, which is two hours from Bayonne, so its nice having someone else do the driving.

Bottom line is that you have to find out what would be best for your situation.

Royal November 14th, 2006 05:19 PM

Thanks Sharon, not sure what I'm gonna do, but I still have a long time before I cruise the Explorer. I only live about 50 minutes from there. But not sure if I want to spend $15.00 a day to park for a 10 day cruise. But I guess I am also more concern about the safey of your cars there all that time. Is it gated and do you have somone there to check you in and out of parking lot. Or, is it just open?

Thanks,

phillygirl November 16th, 2006 10:11 AM

You could go a bit cheaper and stay at the Best Western in Newark for about $120 through parksleepfly.com. The price includes parking for 10 days, an over night stay, a full breakfast in the morning, and shuttle service. Your car will be locked up in a gated secure area and you will not have the chance of paint getting sprayed on your car while parking at Bayonne.

nycruiser November 21st, 2006 10:49 PM

Royal, $15 per day is not a lot of money. The NYC passeger ship terminal in Manhattan cost about $30 per day to park.

Irish Shark November 22nd, 2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal
Am I the only who thinks this a lot????? figure 10 day cruise with $15.00 a day. That is a lOT. Might be better off taking a taxi.........no?

That's $150; what are you paying for the OS?

Royal November 22nd, 2006 02:27 PM

I know how much it adds up to. My first question in my orginial post, if you would look. Was if it was safe to park there? I then proceeded to ask if anyone knew how much it was. I don't see what $150.00 to park has to do with how much I'm paying for the OS. My main concern was safety. Someone mention about the car getting sprayed painted, and it's not a gated parking lot. I could take a taxi for a lot less then. I was inquring. I don't see what your concern is, in how much I paid for my room has to do with parking. What does one have to do with the other.

Irish Shark November 22nd, 2006 02:43 PM

You just don't get it; do you?

Dave the Wave November 22nd, 2006 02:45 PM

I am with you Irish Shark. If I am staying in the Owners Suite I would not be too concerned about $15 PD to park. I thought $12 was high here in Ft Lauderdale or Port Canaveral.

Royal November 22nd, 2006 03:32 PM

Oh I get it all right!!!!

escapecruises November 30th, 2006 05:47 PM

It is so worth it to drive and park! Safe too.

We've sailed from Bayonne twice, Brooklyn once and Manhattan once.
Bayonne is safe, easy and convenient to drive to.
Brooklyn is safe, super easy to park and just has a little more traffic to deal with, but it is a really nice set up.
Manhatten, take public transportation or car service.

The benefit of driving is it is so worth the expense of being able to hop off the ship, pull your car around and pile all your luggage, booze and souvenirs in the trunk! No hauling stuff here, there and everywhere!

We are sailing from Bayonne on 12 night Holiday cruise 12/23/07 to Southern Caribbean. RCL finally decided to sail year round, and we jumped on their 1st Holiday cruise. This 12 nighter covers both holidays, Christmas and New Year's (not Hannukah that year, but possibly the following year 2008)

We've got a group going, so if you'd like to join us or find out more info about this cruise or itinerary, visit

www.Cruises4Charity.com

If you're going to cruise, Cruise for a Cause!

Happy Sailing!