Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Passenger

Default 2nd time cruiser...I have questions

It has been a while and I have some questions. We are about to book on the JOS and does anyone have any details about the outside cabins on the 3rd or 4th deck?

Also, what is the hump everyone keeps talking about--I tried to search but that didn't work too well
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't have any specific info on outside cabins, Decks 3 or 4. I am wondering what's drawing you to these. For not much more, you can have a much better selection of balcony cabins which are better situated for view and access to more public areas on the ship.

As for the hump: it's known as the bumpout and refers to the balcony cabins on Decks 7 thru 10 midship where the deckplan juts out over the water. The cabins are no bigger than any other in the same category, but: some of the balconies are much deeper because the cabins line up, and the balcony juts out further. Take a look at the Deck plans on RCI's website and you'll see what I mean.

Happy to answer any more specific questions you have, Steve.
Old November 18th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Passenger

Thanks Steve, and sorry for the delay. Today we will book on the 8th deck.
Old November 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good for you threetrees. Let us know on this board how you liked your cabin and balcony. Also what your impressions of Jewel OTS are post cruise. Have a great time, Steve