Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Default Do you have to pay to use the video game room?

On Explorer of the Seas, is there a charge to use the video game room?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Abso-f******-lutley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On my last cruise with my kids, I gave them an allowance they could spend. They blew through that the first afternoon. I made sure my kids (9 and 13) were not allowed to use their cards to charge. I broke down and let them take mine once and said, "Ten bucks each and that's it!" $30 later and less than an hour...

It goes on that my youngest lost his card and went and got another. The girl at the pursers desk made a mistake and allowed his to charge. He didn't know any better (I think) and ran up $140 that afternoon!!!!!!! Good thing I checked my charges the last evening before dinner. I had a little talk with him and then went to the pursers desk and accepted responsibility for the charges I allowed on my card but asked for a credit for the ones he ran up on his since he was not supposed to be able to. She told me she had to talk to the "manager" who came on duty at midnight (anybody see Robert Deniro in "Analyze That"?)

I never had the opportunity to talk to this manager but in receiving my bill in the morning saw a credit for the full amount. I do believe it always helps to go to the desk with a good attitude and with a good tone of voice. If you go looking for a fight, you will get one. This applies to most things in life....

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old November 23rd, 2006, 06:42 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave

I never had the opportunity to talk to this manager but in receiving my bill in the morning saw a credit for the full amount. I do believe it always helps to go to the desk with a good attitude and with a good tone of voice. If you go looking for a fight, you will get one. This applies to most things in life....
You are obviously a wise man, DtW
Exactely my opinion