Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:25 AM
Passenger

Default Vision of the Seas questions

I have cruised NCL twice before and this will be my 1st time with RCL on Jan 14th, Mexican Riviera.

Are there any specialty restaurants, or are there just the main dining and buffet? Anywhere to get a good steak dinner?

Is the dress code formal every night in the main dining, or just a few nights?

Can you bring on your own soda, (a case of coke)?

Thanks for any input,

Kelly
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2006, 03:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kelly,
As far as I know, no, there are no alternative restaurants on the Vision class ships, only Voyager, Radiance and Freedom.

If your cruise is a 7 day one, you should have 2 formal evenings and yes, you can bring soda onboard.

Have Fun.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Donna is correct, just the main dining room and Windjammer as major dining options.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Vision of the Seas questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by akacake
I have cruised NCL twice before and this will be my 1st time with RCL on Jan 14th, Mexican Riviera.

Are there any specialty restaurants, or are there just the main dining and buffet? Anywhere to get a good steak dinner?

Is the dress code formal every night in the main dining, or just a few nights?

Can you bring on your own soda, (a case of coke)?

Thanks for any input,

Kelly
I recently posted a review in the "Readers Review" section about my cruise on the Vision OTS. We had a great time! Since there are no specialty restaurants on the Vision, we went to a real nice steak and sea food restaurant in Puerto Vallarta since the ship doesn't leave port until after 10pm. The restaurant is The River Cafe, and all the taxi drivers know where it is. They will let you off in the middle of a bridge and you take the stairs down to the restaurant under the bridge. A phenominal place to eat in Puerto Vallarta if you get the chance!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old December 4th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Passenger

Default Thanks

Thank you for the replies,

Are the two dining options all anyone needs for 7 nights, do the menus vary enough day to day?

The river cafe sounds great...my better half is on crutches, is there a mobilty issue geting down from the bridge to the restaurant, or can the taxi drive right up front?

As far as the soda, it is okay to bring on a few cases of pop or 2 litre bottles or pop ( instead of purchasing the soda card onboard). That would be ideal...spending $5.00 to bring your own vs $25.00 to buy it on board. There will be 4 of us so it all adds up money wise!

Thanks again, Kelly
Old December 4th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Admiral

Akacake,

How lucky do you feel?

And so you want to smuggle aboard a few cases of Coke -- good for you! Just follow a few guidelines, and you should be OK.

First and foremost, single bottles are always better than multiple cans. In other words, use 2-litre bottles instead of 12-ounce cans. Put the bottles in your checked luggage, and you will have a far smaller chance of their being confiscated. But keep in mind the cost/benefit ratio of smuggling. Coke is cheap -- whether you smuggle it or purchase it aboard ship. The cost/benefit ratio, on the other hand, favors smuggling when it comes to liquor. A single bottle of the hard stuff probably won't be confiscated, and provides more bang for the buck than a bottle of Coke. In short, pay for Coke, smuggle liquor.

As yes, the fortunes of a mis-spent youth......

Happy cruising,

Dean
Old December 4th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by akacake
Thank you for the replies,

Are the two dining options all anyone needs for 7 nights, do the menus vary enough day to day?

The river cafe sounds great...my better half is on crutches, is there a mobilty issue geting down from the bridge to the restaurant, or can the taxi drive right up front?

As far as the soda, it is okay to bring on a few cases of pop or 2 litre bottles or pop ( instead of purchasing the soda card onboard). That would be ideal...spending $5.00 to bring your own vs $25.00 to buy it on board. There will be 4 of us so it all adds up money wise!

Thanks again, Kelly
The menus vary greatly every night. You won't see the same dish twice in the week, except for an occasional desert.

There are not a lot of stairs going down to under the bridge, and they are pretty wide, sjouldn't be a problem.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old December 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Passenger

Just got off the Vision on December 3.

I don't know what Mean Dean is talking about. There are NO rules about taking soft drinks aboard. You may openly carry pop onboard without fear of having it confiscated. However, RCCL's literature clearly states that you cannot bring any liquor onto the ship, but we have always packed a bottle or two in our checked bags.

As for the Aquarius Dining Room on the Vision of the Seas, the menu changes completely from one night to the next. Always lots of selection. You board the ship on Sunday, and the first formal night is Monday, the next three days you are in ports during the day so the dinners are more casual dress affairs. The other formal night is Friday.

Hope this helps,