Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Beginner

Default Enchantment of the Seas....Nov. 20-26, 2006

My wife and I found it necessary to leave the ship on Wednesday, Nov. 22, after a very rough night at sea between Key West and Cozumel. In addition to my wife being sick with the flu, the 20 ft. seas (per one of the ships' officers) did her in. We were curious to find out if the return trip from Belize to Ft. Lauderdale was any smoother for the passengers.
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Admiral

WOW! 20 ft. seas! How disappointing that you hit such seas and your cruise was cut short. I don't know whether or not this is your first cruise, but please don't let this turn you off from future cruises. That is not the norm.... believe me! Most of my cruises have been so smooth I couldn't even tell I was on a ship.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks....

Thanks for your reply. In response to your question, "no", this was not our first cruise (5th).....but definitely one to forget. In time, I'm sure we'll try again.
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the whole cruise. I have been on the Enchantment 4 times and twice in Novemeber. Both times the seas were up and it was very windy. 40 knots on deck and 15+ seas. But I found this enjoyable. I like the feeling of being at sea. If I didn;t want to feel any motion, I would stay in a hotel.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Beginner

Dave,
You're a better "sailor" than us.....and about 90% of the passengers on our cruise. The dining room (second seating) was nearly empty and almost all evening activities were very poorly attended , or cancelled, due to the movement of the ship. Several others "jumped ship" in Cozumel, besides us.
This was our 5th cruise (3rd on RCCL)......makes me think a week on the beach in St. Martin isn't a bad idea.
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

The Gulf seems to get pretty stirred up in the Winter. We had a lot of motion on ours as well. There was a Carival ship on the horizon and we were watched it rise and fall with the swell. It would just about dip below and then come bcak up again. The water wash sloshing out of the pool like a bathtub.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10