Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Beginner

Default pre and post cruise stay in Orlando

We purchased a pre and post cruise stay at the DoubleTree near Universal Studios in Orlando. The travel documents seem to indicate that although we arrive in Orlando around noon, we do not arrive at the hotel until 3 p.m.

After the cruise we seem to arrive at the hotel at 3 again, although they kick us off the ship early in the morning. My question is "what do they do with us all that time"? I'm also wondering if it's possible to head back to Orlando earlier so we can enjoy the day at Universal Studios.

Any advice or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If your room at the hotel isn't ready, they will store your luggage and you can enjoy either the hotel or some sights until they have a room for you.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 16th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Exactly. Standard hotel check-in time is at 3:00 or 4:00 PM. I would try and get to the hotel as soon as possible and request an early check-in. If a room is available, they will give it to you. If not, do as Donna suggests and leave your bags with the bell desk and head to the park. Sitting around waiting for a room isn't a great use of vacation time.