Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to HowAreYou Send a message via MSN to HowAreYou
Default Celebrating your birthday.

Is royal caribbean a good cruise line to celebrate your birthday on.

Me and my mother have our birthday 4 days apart. I'm thinking of discussing going so our birthdays fall on days while we are on the cruise.

This also has to be considered in terms of cruises.

Have any of you ever celebrated your birthday on RCCL or any other cruise line? Please share.
Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Admiral

I spent my birthday on Rhapsody a couple of years ago. I don't recall that RCI did anything special. You can order the room decorations. I can't recall whether or not they did a cake at dinner.

What I remember most is "making my own party!" 8) I had a blast! I say go for it!

On the other thread, you asked about Carnival. I believe the same thing holds true for Carnival. They no longer offer a cake "gratis." If you want, you can purchase one, to be served in the dining room and they sing to you at that time.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 15th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Passenger

Thanks.

Yeh, the celebration would be really simple on the ship. Just was wondering if they offered anything like what you mentioned. Room decorations and something to make it feel a little special. lol other than actually being on the ship and being able to have a blast.

But, I wouldnt have an actual party since it would only be me and my mom. We'd probably end up going to a nice dinner and then dancing or something.

Thanks again
Old December 15th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Admiral

I understand. My birthday was the last night of our cruise. My family (DH, DS, and DIL) were tired and weren't really ready to party. Well I was! I partied with some college girls I met during the cruise. I had a great time with them. So you would be surprised how that party can grow from a "party" of one or two.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Passenger

Thanks. That definetly does sound like you had fun. Which is always exciting to look forward to. Thanks for the help

I guess I might try going while on our birthdays. Just make its that much more special. hehe
Old December 16th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Passenger

RCCL does a really nice room decoration package plus we received a cake in our room upon arrival (part of the room decorations). I can't recall how much it was, but you can order it ahead of time of the website. I surprised my husband for his 50th, and the cake was the best. It was some sort of black forest cake, but it was the moistest cake we ever had eaten. And I am not a cake eater.

They also brought him a cake to our table one night at dinner (and everyone else who must have been celebrating that week) and the waiters sang. They asked when we boarded if we were celebrating anything, so that is how they must have known.
Iberostar Quetzal - Mexico 11/06
Old December 16th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Passenger

Thanks..

Yeh we'll def take the cruise decoration package and stuff like that.