Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to HowAreYou Send a message via MSN to HowAreYou
Default Need some advice about RCCL to the Caribbean. :D

I'm 18 years old and will be traveling with my mom on our first cruise this coming year.

We were first going to go to Europe but then called up the RCCL travel agents. And, they told us that the crowd that goes to Europe is usually the older crowd. And, they told us if we want to really enjoy the cruise to stick with the Islands.

So, we did some research and found a cruise that actually falls on my 19th birthday. December 8 for 7 nights to the Carribean. I wanted to find out since I know some schools are still in session will there be young people also on the tour or is this one of those chances that the older people go since they know they'll beat the young crowd?

If we go on this one the ship is Freedom o/t Seas which looks like an amazing ship.

Can someone please tell me if this is a good idea to go at that time? We also want to take a small 5 night cruise on October 7 aboard the Explorer o/t Seas. Also, since this is when school is in session what is your opinion on my mother and I going?

Any other input you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

I would think that the December dates you mentioned would most likely mean that the 18-22 year old crowd wouldn't be on the ship in large numbers. For many people that age, those dates would be smack dab in the middle of final exams in college. There are a couple of threads on this page from people who have just gotten off of the Freedom(like the same week you'd be going). They could probably tell you if there were alot of people in that age range. I have no idea about the October dates, but those dates are sometimes around Fall break in colleges so maybe there is a greater chance of 19-22 year olds. But you'll have a great time anyway. I have never been on the Freedom, but I was recently on the Navigator and it was great. My daughters, ages 18 and 20. had a blast. I rarely saw them and they made many friends. Stop worrying and just plan on having fun. You will.
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to HowAreYou Send a message via MSN to HowAreYou

Thanks..

Do you know anyone in specific that I can private message or message on the board to ask them?

I'm not worried just don't want to end up with no one my age since everyone's in college. hehe
Old December 16th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/vie...7e895917e076af

That's the link to someones thread. I don't know the person but she just got off the ship. Her thread is about "Just returned from the Clorox cruise"(or something like that).