Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Linda A
Default taxi costs from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami

Hi,
How much should we expect to pay a taxi for two people from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami ? Has anyone made that trip?? I tried to do a search first because I thought there was a taxi rate site but I could not find that.

Thanks,

Linda A.
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

There were five of us so we had a limo. It is pretty far. It took about 45 minutes on a Saturday morning with hardly any traffic. I'm sure there is a link I have someplace that might have that info. I'll look for it and if I find it I'll post it.

Constellation
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

http://fortlauderdale-airportshuttle...FRf1gAodfC2_NQ

I think people on here have used this shuttle.

Constellation
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
Admiral

I agree with candbgirl,

You'll be better off hiring a limo instead of a taxi. Google "Ft. Lauderdale Limo Service" and see what your choices are.
GrandPrincess2004NCLSun2005
SunPrincess2006NCLDream&
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn&
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess&
GoldenPrincess2009CarnivalConquest&
GrandPrincess2010IslandPrincess&
GrandPrincess2011CarnivalMagic&
CarnivalDream2012IslandPrincess&
CarnivalMagic2013CarnivalLegend2014&
CarnivalMagic&CoralPrincess2015
CarnivalLiberty&CaribbeanPrincess2016
EmeraldPrincess2017
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Beginner

I've been to this airport three times and I have always caught the shuttle. Just ask someone who works there where you can catch the shuttle to the Port of Miami and you will be instructed to go outside and stand in a short line. Its $15/person one way. It does take about 45 minutes to get there. There is just alot of traffic and its about 20 or so miles there. Good Lck
Old January 4th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Bridgett,

Thanks for the info. I called the Ft. Lauderdale Airport Shuttle that you gave me and they were very nice!!!

$32 per person was the rate!!

Thanks so much for the help!!

Linda
Old January 4th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Admiral

RT or one way?

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Passenger

We just did this 2 weeks ago. When you leave FLL airport, look for a guy wearing a shirt that says Tri-County Express. (They are all over.). You can get a town car for $68. This is cheaper than going the "per person" route. We had 8 pieces of luggage and 4 carryons and 4 people. We all fit in and the driver had to hold the trunk shut with a bungee cord---but it worked!! We stayed at Intercontinental Hotel pre cruise-so that was the price to take us there. It might cost a little more if you are going straight to the Port, because their are special port charges that are incurred. You can also take the Royal Caribbean shuttle. We did this on the way back to the airport after the cruise. The cost for that was $25 per person.
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

The price I got from the link Bridget sent was per person one-way. That is the price they quoted me for my parents $32 each ( two people) They also quoted my family (coming in a day later) 5 people, 10 pieces of luggage, $130.00. He said this included everything, tolls gratuity etc.. Your deal with four people is a much better deal for our family of 5. I wonder if they have bigger cars. I will see if I can find out.

Thanks,

Linda
Old January 6th, 2007, 07:16 PM
First Mate

1) what is the regular taxi rate one way to Maimi port for two poeple with luggage?
2) Do you need advanceres for the shuttle that was mentioned?
3 ) How do you get back to FT laud Airport from Miami-- I think we once took a super shuttle but had a neg experience--we were going to a hotel not an airport & even after we paid the dispatcher the driver would not take us there! had to get off, request a refund & take a cab...
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Passenger

We have taken a taxi from Miami to Miami pier, it was under $20. From Ft Lauderdale to the Ft. Lauderdale pier was under $15 with tips.
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcat
1) what is the regular taxi rate one way to Miami port for two poeple with luggage?
2) Do you need advanceres for the shuttle that was mentioned?
3 ) How do you get back to FT laud Airport from Miami-- I think we once took a super shuttle but had a neg experience--we were going to a hotel not an airport & even after we paid the dispatcher the driver would not take us there! had to get off, request a refund & take a cab...
The taxi fare is a meter charge not per person and will cost between $72 and $80 including tip (varies depending on amount of traffic and waiting at lights). I have done this several times and it has always been the same. 7 of us took a van to Miami and it cost us $160 (inlcuding tip). Our return van was prebooked and cost $162 (the extra $2 is the port charge which only applies when leaving the port of Miami) The trip is about 40 - 50 minutes depending on traffic.

Sovereign - 3/99
Paradise - 4/00
Majesty - 11/00
Monarch - 12/02 (XMAS)
Radiance - 8/03 (AK) & 11/03
Adventure - 4/04, 3/05, 8/06
Navigator - 11/05
Century - 12/06
Serenade - 3/07

Adventure of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
First Mate

so for two people from Miami pier to Ft laud it looks like we should probably take Celeb transp for $50 (that has gone up since last time) or get a pre-reserved shared ride which is cheaper than the taxi & a bit more than the Celeb transfer...