Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Passenger

Default Radiance of the seas Eastern Caribbean shore excursions.

We are heading to the Eastern Caribbean on Radiance of the Seas in March. I have read so many bad reviews of cruise excursions booked through the cruise lines. Reading the reviews, it seems like many of them are over-priced, and not nearly as nice as they are advertised. We are going to: San Juan, Philisburg, St. Maarten, St. John's, Antigua, St. Thomas, Nassau. How do we know which are good choices for shore excursions? Also, should we book them through the cruise ship or book them through private tour companies? I hear the private ones are not only less expensive, but fewer people. Or -- the other option is to head off the ship on our own adventure. Does anyone have any information about tours to the above islands, or any suggestions for us. It is our friends first cruise, and we want everything to be perfect for them.

Thanks everyone,
Minniemouse.
Old January 6th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Admiral

minniemouse first congrats on choosing the Radiance she is my favorite ship. She is very beautiful. I'm sure you will enjoy her. My wife and I always book our excursions thru the cruiseline. We found it to be much easier and safer than doing it independently. The tourlines and cruiseline have a working relationship. If something goes wrong than the cruiseline can make it right in most cases. We have never had a problem booking our excursions thru RCI. I recommend that you do that. As for what excursions to take , In San Juan I recommend that you go to El Yunque Rain Forest Tour. In St. Maarten, the Natural Wonders Tour is nice. In St. Thomas, Megen's Bay & Coral World is also nice. In St. Johns, Antigua we took the Best of Antigua tour and shopped. In Nassau we took the Atlantis Hotel tour. The hotel is a must see. The aqurium is awsome. We booked all thru RCI. Have fun on your first cruise. Enjoy.
Old January 6th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Passenger

Default Thank you seadog2, that was a lot of wonderful information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog2
minniemouse first congrats on choosing the Radiance she is my favorite ship. She is very beautiful. I'm sure you will enjoy her. My wife and I always book our excursions thru the cruiseline. We found it to be much easier and safer than doing it independently. The tourlines and cruiseline have a working relationship. If something goes wrong than the cruiseline can make it right in most cases. We have never had a problem booking our excursions thru RCI. I recommend that you do that. As for what excursions to take , In San Juan I recommend that you go to El Yunque Rain Forest Tour. In St. Maarten, the Natural Wonders Tour is nice. In St. Thomas, Megen's Bay & Coral World is also nice. In St. Johns, Antigua we took the Best of Antigua tour and shopped. In Nassau we took the Atlantis Hotel tour. The hotel is a must see. The aqurium is awsome. We booked all thru RCI. Have fun on your first cruise. Enjoy.
Old January 6th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Passenger

Thanks seadog 2,

What a lot of great advice. I trust your opinion since you have been on this ship. I guess I shouldn't read so many of these message boards. It gets overwhelming sometimes and many of them are negative. I will pass on your advice to our friends and they can make some choice.

Cheers,
Mini