Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Passenger

Default Pre & Post Cruise Hotel In Fort Lauderdale?

Does anyone have any suggestions about where to stay pre and post cruise in Fort Lauderdale? Would like something clean, and close to the cruise terminal if possible. Something middle of the road would be nice, but not too expensive. After the cruise it would be nice to stay for our one day somewhere near the water and other amenities.

Thanks,
M.
Old January 6th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Passenger

Default Pre/post FLL hotel

Hey Minnie, I was in FLL just last month for a travel agent convention, and we stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Grande, which used to be the Marina Marriott. Good news and bad news. First of all, it's pretty high. Secondly, they are still doing a lot of renovation from Wilma. However, there is a water taxi stop right behind the hotel, and the view of all the beautiful boats in the marina is great. Once they get everything completed, it will be a beautiful hotel, but it's going to be even more expensive. My suggestion would be the Embassy Suites. It's not far, and there is a great breakfast included. Several of the people at the convention were staying there, and were very pleased. They have recently renovated all the soft goods in the rooms, and the swatches and decorating plans I saw at the convention were very pretty. I wanted to get down there to look at it, but never did get a chance. I think they may actually have a free shuttle to the port, but you would have to check the website. Have a great time!
Old January 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Passenger

Awesome, thank you -- am checking on it right now!

Minnie
Old January 8th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Admiral

You might also consider the Sleep Inn in Dania. It is very clean with a good breakfast buffet and is adjacent to a supermarket, several restruants and a large drug store. They provide free transportation from the airport and to the port. Just beware of the man-eating iguana that suns itself by the pool.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 8th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Beginner

Have heard very good things about the Holiday Inn Express; very close to the terminal and relatively inexpensive. Amerisuites & Ft Lauderdale Grande have a good reputation. We stayed in a Hyatt, which was very nice, but also a little more than we had hoped to pay for an overnight stay.

Had some friends who stayed in the Extended Stay America, and I can tell you from being there that it was not nice at all. The bathrooms were not cleaned and the carpet was filthy.
Old January 8th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Passenger

Thank you both Doug and Bro.

As a matter of fact, our friends have been checking out the Holiday Inn Express and they have pretty good reviews. I will check out all of your suggestions though as that gives us quite a few choices.

Thanks and happy cruising!
Minni