Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:10 PM
First Mate

Default Jewel 1/21 any last minute tips?

we are packed & ready for our Jewel cruise on Monday 1/21--going downto Ft lauderdale two days early--this is a re-scheduled trip for us due to med issue so we don't want to miss it! Does anyone have any last minute tips about Jewel 6 day trip--ports are Key West Gr cayman & Costa Maya & Cozumel....If anyone else is on board let me know!
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Don't forget the important stuff ... like $$$$ !

Have a great cruise.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Passenger

Two things.

1. January 21 is Sunday, not Monday. I would hate for you to miss your ship.

2. I talked my boss and his wife into going on that very cruise. Neither has cruised before and apparantly I gave them the "bug". I hope your weather is great, the cruise as good as always, and if you run into Bill and Chris from Canada tell them I hope they are having fun.
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Captain

Default Costa Maya

This is a hint for when you get back from the cruise.

If you are a blood donor, and you plan to donate after you get back, be aware that the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in Atlanta has declared Costa Maya a malaria "risk". We were in Costa Maya in November (same cruise), and when I tried to donate in December, I was told I couldn't donate for a year because of the stop in Costa Maya.

What I'm really telling you is to "forget" that port call if you plan to donate.
Old January 16th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Passenger

Default If you enjoy soda....

We get a soda card as soon as we get on board. For around $5.00 a day (per person) you can have unlimited soda while on the ship as long as it is NOT in a can. They offer it the first day of the cruise and they usually give out large insulated cups as part of the promotion. You dont need the cup for a refill because they put a sticker on your room key. All you have to do is show the sticker at any bar, dining room etc.. and they should get you a free soda if it is not in the can.

It took a while, but now here is the last minute tip:

Because I do the soda card, I usually bring a small bottle of liquid dish soap to wash the containers in the cabin. The dish soap has now become a necessity on every cruise and it is always being used for other things and friends are always wanting to borrow it.

Have fun.

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Old January 16th, 2007, 04:06 PM
First Mate

Have you been on Jewel/Radiance class before?

Be sure to walk all the way to the back in the windjammer...there is a wonderful outside dining area that some people never find.

Also make sure to venture to the far back section of the Colony Club. There is a wonderful bar there, with an awesome view of the ship's wake in the moonlight. Great place to relax with friends and family!

Enjoy!!!
Tracy
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM
First Mate

Thanks for all the tips--have been on Brilliance before so we are looking forward to this--
Little red: Tell your friends there's a roll call on the other board--not too late to join the group We have a sailaway party set for just after the life boat drill at the Sky bar & also a party at same location 3 pm Key West day--rain or shine! Wear a smile sticker!
Did not know about the malaria--we are going to Mayan ruins--at this point can't do anyhting but use our bug spray!
Will post when we get back
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: If you enjoy soda....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTom
We get a soda card as soon as we get on board. For around $5.00 a day (per person) you can have unlimited soda while on the ship as long as it is NOT in a can.
You can save the sales tax by buying the soda card after it leaves the pier area. Wait an hour or two.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old January 17th, 2007, 08:40 PM
First Mate

Have a great time! The Jewel is such a beautiful ship. We were on her in July 06.
Old January 17th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: If you enjoy soda....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shark
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTom
We get a soda card as soon as we get on board. For around $5.00 a day (per person) you can have unlimited soda while on the ship as long as it is NOT in a can.
You can save the sales tax by buying the soda card after it leaves the pier area. Wait an hour or two.
I never noticed this. How about the wine packages? Anything else?