Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Beginner

Default Help! Freedom of the Seas Dining Question

Anyone that has sailed on RC Freedom ship, please help! There is a group of 16 of us sailing in Dec, and we are trying to agree on early or late dinner seating. My question is, if you choose late dinner seating are you able to get out of dinner in time to see the show? I've heard that if you have late dinner you go to the show before dinner, and have also heard there is a show after late dinner. Which is it? Most of us would prefer late dinner to take advantage of a longer day, but nobody wants to miss the show. If you've sailed on Freedom could you please let me know how that worked. Thanks a Bunch!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Most of the shows will be after dinner. I think there was one evening where the show was before. There is no reason you'd miss any shows by eating late.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 20th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Donna G. On Freedom OTS, they have Main (early) seating and Second (late) seating. We were on Freedom last September. From the daily Cruise Compasses, here's an example of how Late seating works with the night's Entertainment:

Day 1: 7 pm Pre-dinner show, Dinner at 8:45
Day 2: Dinner at 8:30, Showtime at 10:45
Day 3: 7 pm Pre-dinner show, Dinner at 8:30
Day 4: 7 pm Pre-dinner Ice show in Studio B for 2nd seating guests, Dinner at 8:30 (no show in the Arcadia Theatre)
Day 5: 7 pm Pre-dinner Ice show if you missed it before, Dinner at 8:30, Showtime at 10:45
Day 6: 5:45 Parade in the Royal Promenade, 7 pm Pre-dinner show, Dinner at 8:30
Day 7: 7 pm Pre-dinner show, Dinner at 8:30

If you choose Early seating, figure your evening starts about an hour earlier. Hope this helps with your planning.

If you'd like any other info, feel free to ask. Good cruising, Steve
Old January 20th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Beginner

Default Freedom Dining Question

Donna and Steve, Thanks so much for the info. This is exactly the info I needed to make a decision. This site is awesome!

Donna G.