Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Beginner

Default Serenade of the Seas-Alcohol Question

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in March on Serenade of the Seas. We like to drink when we are on vaction, but dont feel like spending $6.00/drink. We are used to all inclusive vactions, so a cruise is differnt for us!

I understand that you can buy bottles of alcohol for cheap from a shop on the boat, but can you bring it back to your room? What is the best way to "sneek" liqour on the ship? Can you buy alochol from the ports and bring it back to your room or do they keep it until the end of the cruise? I have heard different comments and dont know what to believe...any help would be great Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
We like to drink when we are on vaction, but dont feel like spending $4.00/drink. We are used to all inclusive vactions, so a cruise is differnt for us!
Frankly if you think $4/drink is too expensive a cruise may not be for you. Cruises are not all inclusive.

Yes, you can likely smuiggle some onto the ship in your checked luggage pretty easily, and many people do for in cabin consumption. I think you'll tire pretty quickly of running back to your cabin to fix a drink each time you want one. So (and I'm not trying to sound mean, just helpful) if the liquor part of things is that important you may want to reconsider the cruise.

In your carry ons, or in your bags returning from ports of call they will confiscate it, and return it the last night of the cruise.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 19th, 2007, 09:34 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Serenade of the Seas-Alcohol Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseShan
My husband and I are taking our first cruise in March on Serenade of the Seas. We like to drink when we are on vaction, but dont feel like spending $6.00/drink. We are used to all inclusive vactions, so a cruise is differnt for us!

I understand that you can buy bottles of alcohol for cheap from a shop on the boat, but can you bring it back to your room? What is the best way to "sneek" liqour on the ship? Can you buy alochol from the ports and bring it back to your room or do they keep it until the end of the cruise? I have heard different comments and dont know what to believe...any help would be great Thank You
They won't let you buy liquor on the ship and drink it on the shp anymore. Usually you cannot bring liquor back onto the ship from your ports. Sometimes people had been able to do that.

We do pack liquor in our suitcases to drink on the ship. We don't take it in our carry-ons, though.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

$6? Try closer to $8 & up!

Honestly? Do yourselves a huge favor, just save about $200 extra & use it towards your alcohol bill. Sure you can try to smuggle it in your room, but is it worth it to run back & forth on a ship bigger than a football stadium just for a drink?

If the cruise lines ever changed their policy about bringing alcohol to their rooms, I think they would have a more serious problem with drunks.