Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2007, 02:13 PM
Passenger

Default Diamond vs Diamond Plus

I have 21 cruises and am contemplating upgrading to the JR suite for my next 2 (scheduled for the fall) to become Diamond plus for the January 08 Mariner. Can you let me know the REAL difference between diamond and diamond plus. I’ve read some items from the RCCL site but really want the knowledge of current D+ folks. It seems the coupon book is the same and the special event for Diamond and Platinum members (a buffet breakfast on the Radiance 8 night) was too crowded. I most likely will not go to the event on the next cruise.

By the way we received the secret shopper coupon on the Radiance a few weeks ago. Does it go to all diamond and D+ or random?

I guess the question is - should I rush ( and pay extra) to get to D+ or are the perks basically the same as D. We’ve made it to 21 credits the hard way – one at a time ( ok - there was one JS)
Thanks all

Marci
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2007, 09:10 PM
Admiral

We are Diamond members. We have 15 cruises. We are currently working our way to D+. We were " doing it the hard way" also until RCI started giving 2 credits for booking JS and up. And for longer cruises. Now we always book the JS. Much quicker to get to the top. We also enjoy all the extra attention we get from the staff for being in the Diamond catagory. All of the Dining room staff knows your status. Your waiter, asst. waiter and the Maitre D. Your stateroom attendant knows. When i use my seapass card and they see that we are diamond it sparks a real interest from the staff. We always attend the special events on board for D and D+ members it's part of it. We've paid to get to this point, I say "GO FOR IT " and enjoy the perks. By the way, we have 2 cruises booked and paid for for 2007. D+ here we come. Enjoy