Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Beginner

Default First timer -questions re: Vision of the Seas

Hi everyone!
It's been really fun reading your posts, and I'm so excited for our trip on Feb 11th. I'm am a little worried about a few things - I'll be traveling alone with 3, 14, 16 y/o. 1) Can the little one come to formal nights with us? She's used to nice restaurants and will last 6-7 until the childcare opens. Also, 2) will the Grand Suite be big enough? It looks like a queen and sofa bed only. Are there hidden beds or other configs? 3) Will I have access on this ship to the "concierge lounge" that some of you have talked about? I can't find any info on the RCCL website. and 4) I've read the food is mediocre - We definitely like quality over quantity and typically eat organic at home. I know not to expect that, but will there be plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, not frozen, canned or the typical cantelope and honeydew at breakfast? My littlest eats blueberries and strawberries daily - do I need to bring some along?

I know I'm a pest, but if you all can help me out, I'll feel so much more relaxed.
BTW, anyone out there going with me???
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

No reason the kids can't join you on formal evenings, there are plenty of kids in the dining room, not a problem.

You will find a nice assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables in the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch, no canned stuff. Enjoy the fresh melons, berries, pineapples, etc. daily. I also love their breads. You'll find a nice array of everything in there and I didn't ever consider the food medicore, certainly not gormet, but very good and a great selection.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 30th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Welcome Busymomof3! You've asked some really good questions. Since your cruise is less than 2 weeks away, I'll add to Donna's comments to put your mind at ease.

You're right about the sofa bed being the only other bed. They'll make up the main bed into 2 twins, and you'll have a full size sofa bed for your other two. With the stateroom being 355 sq ft, you'll have plenty of space I've never known of a roll-away on a ship. They just don't have space for storage. That's not to say they absolutely don't have one, I've just never seen one a ship...anywhere.

As far as a Concierge Lounge: I don't know of any on the Vision class ships except the Enchantment after her refurb stretch. Maybe someone else can answer that about the Vision specifically.

I'm sure you'll find the food very satisfying. I'm not sure where you read about mediocre food, it is afterall a very subjective thing. I've never had bad food. Just keep in mind that the dining room serves 1,000 dinners at each seating, and you'll have good tasting, fresh hot food. Will it be gourmet? I think you'll be happy with what you get. Go with your waiter's recommendation. They don't use frozen foods, only fresh. You'll find plenty of fresh berries.

Hope this helps. Now relax, unwind, and get ready for a great vacation! Steve
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Default Re: First timer -questions re: Vision of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymomof3
Hi everyone!
It's been really fun reading your posts, and I'm so excited for our trip on Feb 11th. I'm am a little worried about a few things - I'll be traveling alone with 3, 14, 16 y/o. 1) Can the little one come to formal nights with us? She's used to nice restaurants and will last 6-7 until the childcare opens. Also, 2) will the Grand Suite be big enough? It looks like a queen and sofa bed only. Are there hidden beds or other configs? 3) Will I have access on this ship to the "concierge lounge" that some of you have talked about? I can't find any info on the RCCL website. and 4) I've read the food is mediocre - We definitely like quality over quantity and typically eat organic at home. I know not to expect that, but will there be plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, not frozen, canned or the typical cantelope and honeydew at breakfast? My littlest eats blueberries and strawberries daily - do I need to bring some along?

I know I'm a pest, but if you all can help me out, I'll feel so much more relaxed.
BTW, anyone out there going with me???
I was just on the Vision OTS in October, and I don't recall a "concierge lounge" on the Vision OTS. The food was very fresh and good on the Vision. I will say that when it comes to quality, the dining room food was better than the Windjammer buffet. None of the food in the Windjammer was bad, but you could tell it was mass produced, fresh and good, but mass produced for a buffet. My wife did enjoy the fresh fruit from the Windjammer every morning, but we went to the dining room for the entrees. While in the dining room and when we ordered room service, it seemed like the food was cooked just for you, with great quality and good quanity. That's just my take on the food anyway.

We loved the Vision OTS so much, we're headed back to her for Alaska this summer!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Beginner

Default thank you!

thank you all so much, I feel so much better now, and I'm really excited. i'm sure I'm gonna be "hooked". I think sometimes you read one bad review and start to get that buyer's remorse...

I'll let you all know how it goes...only 12 more days!!!