Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Beginner

Default Hawaii Suggestions--NCL or RCCL???

Hi!

My husband and I are going on our belated honeymoon and want to do a cruise of Hawaii. He has cruised once with NCL--this is my first time. We're looking at the Radiance of the Seas on RCCL. It's more expensive than NCL, but for some reason we like it more from the pics and reviews. DH really enjoyed NCL, but I've read a lot of sketchy reviews.

We're looking at a 15 night on Radiance for $1929 or an 11 night on Pride of Aloha from $949. (with NCL, we will have to buy airline tickets. We can use FF miles for RCCL since it starts out of LA).

From the perspective of experienced cruisers, is that cost difference worth it or are those cruise lines and ships fairly comparable?

Thanks so much!
Hannah
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Have you looked at the Island Princess? We took her from LA and it was great.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old January 30th, 2007, 06:43 PM
First Mate

I will just say that we have done Hawaii on the Radiance and I think you will find that you get what you pay for sometimes.
Old January 31st, 2007, 01:53 AM
Familiar Face

The Radiance will be more than worth the extra cost. Im all for saving a buck when you can, but compared to NCL, RCI is thousand of times better. Well worth the price. Forget NCL its a joke.
Old January 31st, 2007, 10:44 AM
Beginner

Thanks so much for your replies!

I think we're going to spring for RCCL!
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:17 PM
Captain

I cut up my repeat cruiser card from "NCL" after giving them 2 tries. Both bad and am now "Diamond Plus" with "RCI" so you know who gets my vote! Also, there has been a lot of discussion on here about the Radiance class ships lately and it's almost always positive. Your DH might like the "Freestyle" dining but there is still much to be said for the traditional seating. On a longer cruise like this your wait staff really gets to know you and your likes/dislikes. Very helpful and for my 2 pennies, it enhances the voyage.