Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2007, 08:32 PM
Passenger

Default San Juan Pharmacy and Grocery type store close to pier?

On the last cruise the other person in our group forgot one of their medicines at home and accidently brought an empty bottle. I am not expecting this to happen again, but does any one know of any drug stores close to the pier or near Old San Juan. I do know that there are some Walgrens in the San Juan area but I don't think they are close to the port.

We had to visit the ships Doctor and ended up having to take a pill and splitting it in fourths to get the proper dosage. That was an expensive lesson. The pill and the Doctors bill ended up costing around $100+ and wasting valuable time prior to leaving on our vacation.

Can we still bring some pop on board the ship? I like Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper. The last time we sailed out of San Juan there was a small store in the area where we were checking in at the pier. I am not sure if this was for staff? or for anyone. I was able to buy a six pack of pop. I don't want to carry the pop in my suitcase either.
Monarch of the Seas (RCCL) 3/01 -Southern Caribbean
Song of America (RCCL) 10/90 -Western Caribbean
MTS Jupiter (Epirotiki) 7/84 -Mediterranean
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Are you boarding the ship in San Juan? Or getting off the ship? In either case you could take a taxi to a Walgreens and get what you need. Including the pop. We were there last summer and I can't remember any type of little grocery store near the pier. At least not in the direction we walked. Have a good trip. 8)

Constellation