Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2007, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Default Shore Excursion Help (Again)!!!!

Help!

We are sailing on Radiance of the Seas Eastern Caribbean trip on March 3rd. Our ports are San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Johns, Antigua; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Nassau, Bahamas; Fort Lauderdale, Florida. My husband and I want to book excursions through RCCL, but our friends insist that the excursions booked onboard are way too expensive. They also think the tours off the ship are too crowded. They want us to just walk off the boat and find our own way in each of the ports. I am a little skeptical about doing this for safety reasons. I know they are on a tight budget. Are there other avenues to book excursions that might be less expensive? Also, how do we know which excursions are worth doing and which ones are a rip off? I have read that many of the excursions are not worth the money. This is a long post and so many questions -- sorry! Can you please give me advice what to see, who to book with and how to make this work with our friends. (it's their first cruise, so they have big expectations)!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the great advice here.

Minnie.
Old February 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Minnie, as a veteran of 15 cruises, I usually do not book excursions with the ship. Try a website called shoretrips.com and clink on the links for the ports you will be visiting. You mentioned that you will be stopping in Antigua. Do a google search for Lawrence of Antigua.com Great excursion, i have used him before. Cheaper that the ships and lots of fun. Bob
Old February 1st, 2007, 12:44 PM
Passenger

Thank you,

I will take your advice and check these out tonight. I have actually heard of Lawrence of Antigua before. He seems great! Thanks for such a quick reply. I will let you know what we decide.

Cheers,
Minnie.