Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Beginner

Default Transportation from FLL or MIA to Port and back

Hi All,

We are flying into FLL a couple of days before our cruise (3.18.7 out of Port of MIA) and renting a car in FLL. Would it be best to return our car to the same place as rented or is there a better option closer to the port? We would also need transportation from the port to FLL on our return from the cruise. I've seen prices for shuttles from $79 - $90 ONE way which seems very high to me for 2 ad/1ch. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks all!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Beginner

Gigi,

We flew into FLL airport a year and a half ago and rented a car from Enterprise. We stayed in a Radisson hotel (got a great price on priceline) but since there was four of us we thought it would be cheaper to rent. OUr plan was to have my husband take the rental car back later that day after dropping us off and take a shuttle to the hotel for $15. We asked around at the hotel (which had a drop off at the hotel) but they told us of an even closer location which is a big hotel (can't remember the name sorry) that is right down the street from the port and you can return the car (at no cost). They even take you to the port for free. Just call the different rental car companies and check it out. On the way home we did take the shuttle back to the airport and paid for it. Next time, we will check out getting the rental car on the way back. Hope this helps and have a wonderful cruise.
Old February 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Beginner

We are flying in the day before to Ft Lauderdale, staying at the Hyatt in Miami and renting a car from Enterprise and dropping it at the Hyatt - Enterprise has a desk at the Hyatt.

We are taking a cab to the pier from the hotel.
Old February 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Familiar Face

We just stayed at the Hyatt in Jan (great hotel by the way) and I had checked with Enterprise and they said we could not drop off car at hotel, that it was a kiosk location only. Perhaps you should double check, just to be sure. We ended up renting from Avis and they had a drop off location just 2 blocks away, so it was an easy walk back to hotel. My husband dropped me off with luggage, I checked in, he went to drop off car and walked back. It is a cheap taxi ride to Bayside marketplace from hotel and also to port.