Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Familiar Face

Default Concierge Club

Can anyone explain what this club is? Isn't it for Crown and Anchor members? What class of ships does it apply to?
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Admiral

The following ships offer the Concierge Club:

-Voyager of the Seas
-Explorer of the Seas
-Adventure of the Seas
-Navigator of the Seas
-Mariner of the Seas
-Radiance of the Seas
-Brilliance of the Seas
-Serenade of the Seas
-Jewel of the Seas
-Enchantment of the Seas
-Freedom of the Seas
-Liberty of the Seas
(Hope I got them all)

Complimentary concierge service is available on Enchantment of the Seas and all Radiance and Voyager and Freedom families of ships to guests booked in R, FS, OS or GS category suites. Amenities and services offered are not available to other guests onboard these ships. Concierge service is available daily in the Concierge Lounge from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Concierge service is limited to guests 18 and over after 5:00 p.m. At all other time, guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the comprehensive answer. One more question please: what services are provided in this club?
Old February 7th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Concierge Club guests are offered amenities and services not available to other guests on board. The following is a brief summary of these services:

- Personalized stationary is available
- Continental breakfast served inthe lounge from 8 to 10am
-Hors d'oeuvres and petit fours served in the lounge before and after dinner respectively
- An honor bar is available
- Reserved times for Ice Skating (Voyager Class only) and Rock Climbing
- Reservations for Exploration Tours, the Portofino or Chop House specialty restaurants
- Preferred appointments for the Salon and Spa Treatments
- Tickets for the Ice Show
- Movies and CD library for suite guests
- Daily menus and advanced ordereing of dinner wines
- Private party arrangements
- Faxing and copying service
- Use of a portable ship phone
- Other special requests as needed

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi! Concierge Club is for Crown & Anchor Diamond Menbers,you have a special key to go there whenever you want because this place is never too crowded during the day.
If you have a suite, even for your first cruise you are entitle to use the Concierge Club. Nice cruise, Mateli
Old January 2nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
Beginner

About the club, is there complimentary laundry service like on HAL?

thanks
sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shark
The following ships offer the Concierge Club:

-Voyager of the Seas
-Explorer of the Seas
-Adventure of the Seas
-Navigator of the Seas
-Mariner of the Seas
-Radiance of the Seas
-Brilliance of the Seas
-Serenade of the Seas
-Jewel of the Seas
-Enchantment of the Seas
-Freedom of the Seas
-Liberty of the Seas
(Hope I got them all)

Complimentary concierge service is available on Enchantment of the Seas and all Radiance and Voyager and Freedom families of ships to guests booked in R, FS, OS or GS category suites. Amenities and services offered are not available to other guests onboard these ships. Concierge service is available daily in the Concierge Lounge from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Concierge service is limited to guests 18 and over after 5:00 p.m. At all other time, guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Concierge Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasul mama
Can anyone explain what this club is? Isn't it for Crown and Anchor members? What class of ships does it apply to?
As a matter of fact, when first introduced back in 1999 on the VY, the Concierge Club was intended only for guests in cat GS and up.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:10 AM
Captain

Default Concierge Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateli
Hi! Concierge Club is for Crown & Anchor Diamond Menbers,you have a special key to go there whenever you want because this place is never too crowded during the day.
If you have a suite, even for your first cruise you are entitle to use the Concierge Club. Nice cruise, Mateli
As Diamond members, we really appreciate being able to use the services of the Concierge Lounge.

On our last cruise (October), there were over 400 Diamond and Diamond Plus members, plus however many people there were in the suites. No way in the world would that many people fit into the Concierge Lounge, which probably holds about 25. So, they used the Hollywood Odyssey nightclub as a Concierge Lounge in the evening. It really got crowded, to say the least.

I wouldn't be surprised to see RCI make some changes to their loyalty program to "raise the bar" regarding membership at the upper levels.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Concierge Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootersdad
I wouldn't be surprised to see RCI make some changes to their loyalty program to "raise the bar" regarding membership at the upper levels.
RCI should have done that long ago to avoid future trouble.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Passenger

Wow!! 400. Kinda takes away the meaning of the concierge lounge. Yes, I agree, they may need to change something on the member perks. Some way-they will have to make all feel special. Diamond, Diamond plus and suite guests. Not to be getting the feeling of moving cattle!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Concierge is nice no matter how you shake it. But, went on Freedom in the Fall and the Diamond lounge is awesome with a view---if you are Diamond. That is where they take some of the overflow if you're Diamond and don't want the crowd of Concierge. Found service a little less in Diamond though.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:37 PM
First Mate

On the "Freedom" class ships there are (2) clubs. One is in fact the "Concierge" club on deck 10, which is only for those guests sailing in GS, OS, RS and Family RS. Diamond members are NOT allowed into this lounge unless they are sailing in one of the aforementioned suites. The second club is the "Diamond" club, located within the Viking Crown and is limited to only Diamond members, suite guests sailing in GS, OS, RS and Family RS are NOT allowed in here. This way they have segregated the two. The amenities offered in each lounge are the same. The only perception of difference is that the "Concierge" club limited to the suite guests has more personalized service as generally there are more Diamond Members sailing than those folks in Suites GS, OS, FS, and Family RS.

I sailed in a GS on Freedom last year and had access to both lounges, personally I found the concierge within the "Concierge" club to be much more personal, attentive and helpful than the one staffed in the "Diamond" lounge. Either way, these rooms are awesome perks!
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember
On the "Freedom" class ships there are (2) clubs. One is in fact the "Concierge" club on deck 10, which is only for those guests sailing in GS, OS, RS and Family RS. Diamond members are NOT allowed into this lounge unless they are sailing in one of the aforementioned suites.
Diamond-I belive you are innacurate on Diamond members. Diamond can go to both lounges regardless of class they stay in. So in essence they could have an inside cabin and still enoy perks to concierge and diamond lounge. Though, not sure why you would stay in an inside if you are diamond unless you never go in your room.
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtown
Diamond-I belive you are innacurate on Diamond members. Diamond can go to both lounges regardless of class they stay in. So in essence they could have an inside cabin and still enoy perks to concierge and diamond lounge. Though, not sure why you would stay in an inside if you are diamond unless you never go in your room.
bt,
I think "Diamond" has a point here. Diamonds are not supposed to use the Concierge Lounge unless they sail in GS or up. And as I wrote earlier, the lounge was intended for suite guests.
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Captain

Concierge on "Serenade" told us in Oct that they had expanded the program to some of the Vision class ships. Anyone know the specifics?
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Passenger

I have heard something about a key. I'm thinking if you are Diamond or higher, you would have to have a 'key' to access the CL?

Free Cruise Clocks
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbyde
I have heard something about a key. I'm thinking if you are Diamond or higher, you would have to have a 'key' to access the CL?
Anyone who wants to use the CL must have a key.
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
First Mate

Diamond-I belive you are innacurate on Diamond members. Diamond can go to both lounges regardless of class they stay in. So in essence they could have an inside cabin and still enoy perks to concierge and diamond lounge. Though, not sure why you would stay in an inside if you are diamond unless you never go in your room. [/quote]

I am a Diamond member and always stay in an inside cabin
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie H
Concierge on "Serenade" told us in Oct that they had expanded the program to some of the Vision class ships. Anyone know the specifics?
She must have meant the EN.
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Captain

Default Suite Guests vs. Diamond Member

OK, to carry this one step farther......

If I'm a Diamond Plus member with 50 cruises, on those ships that have both a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge, I'm not allowed to use the Concierge Lounge, because it's reserved for GS guests and above. :evil:

So here's a couple, on their first cruise, and they book a GS suite. Or, a group of people reserve the Royal Suite. They all get access to the CL, but me, loyal customer that I am, I'm outside looking in.

How fair is that
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Captain

It's also not done uniformly. On the Radiance in Sept. we were NOT given a key but asked to show our "Sea Pass" (which indcates "Diamond") up in the Viking Crown area reserved for us. On the Serenade in Oct. we were given keys and asked not to use the lounge during the 5-8:30 time frame. Obviously, we liked the latter but they definitely need to revamp the program.

And thanks Roland. Maritza said more are going to be done, including the Legend before we sail to Asia in 09.
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Suite Guests vs. Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootersdad
How fair is that
Fair enough

The CL is primarily intended for suite guests
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie H
It's also not done uniformly. On the Radiance in Sept. we were NOT given a key but asked to show our "Sea Pass" (which indcates "Diamond") up in the Viking Crown area reserved for us. On the Serenade in Oct. we were given keys and asked not to use the lounge during the 5-8:30 time frame. Obviously, we liked the latter but they definitely need to revamp the program.

And thanks Roland. Maritza said more are going to be done, including the Legend before we sail to Asia in 09.
Hi RH,

You can rely on dear Maritza┬┤s words.
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland

bt,
I think "Diamond" has a point here. Diamonds are not supposed to use the Concierge Lounge unless they sail in GS or up. And as I wrote earlier, the lounge was intended for suite guests.
Roland-Wrong! Read the Crown and anchor portion of the RCCL web site. In addition, I also called RCCL C&A society and the lady confirmed. Diamond can use both no matter what type of room they stay in!

Both rooms have keys and both keys will be delivered to your room when you arrive.
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland

bt,
Roland-Wrong! Read the Crown and anchor portion of the RCCL web site. In addition, I also called RCCL C&A society and the lady confirmed. Diamond can use both no matter what type of room they stay in!

Both rooms have keys and both keys will be delivered to your room when you arrive.
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:38 PM
First Mate

I sailed on Freedom of the Seas, the first ship in the fleet to have BOTH a CL and Diamond Club (again two separate facilitates). I was in a Grand Suite with my Wife and my parents (who are also Diamond Members) sailed in a Junior Suite. I had access to BOTH lounges; however, my parents were NOT permitted to utilize the CL as they did not have a cabin that was GS or higher. This is my first hand experience as of 2/28/07 sailing. In addition, I was provided with (2) different "key" cards to access each lounge; whereas, my parents only got one key card to the Diamond Lounge in the Viking Crown.

Just for further clarification, if you've sailed on any other Royal Caribbean ships "OTHER THAN FREEDOM CLASS", the ship only boasts ONE CL (some don't have any). If your ship you sailed (e.g. Radiance Class) had only ONE lounge, then YES Diamond members get access just like GS suite guests and up no matter the cabin type the diamond member stays in. My observation on the segregation ONLY applies to FREEDOM class ships built with the TWO different lounges.
Old January 4th, 2008, 08:52 PM
First Mate

I booked a Owners Suite and I had CL and I am not a Diamond C & A. If you book a GS or higher you have acess to CL. And all the amenties that go with any C & A member you may or not be. IT doesn't matter what class of C & A you are. As long as you are in a GS or higher you get it CL.
Old January 5th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember
I sailed on Freedom of the Seas, the first ship in the fleet to have BOTH a CL and Diamond Club (again two separate facilitates). I was in a Grand Suite with my Wife and my parents (who are also Diamond Members) sailed in a Junior Suite. I had access to BOTH lounges; however, my parents were NOT permitted to utilize the CL as they did not have a cabin that was GS or higher. This is my first hand experience as of 2/28/07 sailing. In addition, I was provided with (2) different "key" cards to access each lounge; whereas, my parents only got one key card to the Diamond Lounge in the Viking Crown.
Thank you DM,
The "situation" was handled correctly on the FR, with access to both lounges for you and your wife, but only to DC for your parents.
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Passenger

How can we find out if The Vision of the Seas now has a CL -- or some reward for either Diamond Member OR GS+? We sail in a GS in April on the Vision and thought there wasn't any sort of CL. Maybe they set aside some room/place/facility to accommodate Diamond/GS+ folk?
Old January 10th, 2008, 11:00 PM
First Mate

To see if your ship has a CL, just review the deck plans to determine if one is listed. Generally they are always located on deck 9 or 10 (bridge deck). If the ship has not been built with one or refurbished to include one, then you probably don't have it. I do not believe Vision has a CL.