I want to do a cruise next year with the whole family. I have two young sons that will be ages 7/8 and 5 when we are planning to go. I have ben considering Disney, but I really want to so a Southern Carribean and the price difference between a RCI and a Disney cruise is quite significant. I know Disney is THE Family Cruise Line, but I am wondering if I can still have a nice "adult" vacation and put the kids in clubs to enjoy themselves so hubby and I can enjoy some adult time.
I am looking for info from cruisers that have kids my age and have done any cruises on the Radiance Family of ships (and maybe on Disney, too), as the Serenade is the ship I am looking at.
1. Did you feel safe leaving your kids in the clubs?
2. Did you have any trouble getting your kids into the clubs? Were they ever overbooked or anything?
3. Can you put the kids in the clubs every day if you want, for all the times listed? I know they don't have clubs during typical meal times, but if I wanted the kids in the clubs for all the sea days, for all the times the clubs are available, can I do that? I understand you can do that on Disney.
4. Did your kids enjoy it or were they bored?
5. Are the clubs locked so the kids can't get out and wander? I know that when we were in Cancun at one of the resorts, they advertised a club for the kids were the kids were supervised and you could leave them, but the reality was that anyone could leave and get in and supervision was laughable.
6. If you did Disney, too, which is the better for the kids clubs?
Those are just the questions I can think of right now. I love my kids, but I REALLY want some adult time where I don't have to worry about them.
Thanks in advance for any replies.