Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Beginner

Default Rhapsody of the Seas for families

We are thinking of booking the Rhapsody out of Galveston in late July. I have not seen many negative reviews anywhere but I can't find much info on what there is for preteens and teens. We were on the Conquest in 2005 and my 4 sons did not want to participate in the Carnival kid groups-they preferred doing their own thing with us. These are the important questions for a mom of 4 sons:
-is there 24-hour pizza?
-is there a nice arcade?
-are there family friendly shows or movies?
-are there tables for chess/games

I am thinking there are but I haven't seen anything about it. We are also thinking of taking the Chichen Itza excursion out of Progreso. Has anyone done this?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:49 AM
First Mate

Default stuff to do..

1 Sign them up for the kid's program..THEY DO NOT have to go! But should there be something in the daily program that catches their eye, then they are all set.
Pool
Rock Climbing
Video Arcade
Ping Pong
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Beginner

Our daughter, now 19, is lamenting that she is too old for the "kids club". She watched movies, did scavenger hunt, climbed the wall, went dancing and had a great time meeting kids her age (under 18 at the time). She participated in 3 cruises from age 12 - 17 and had a great time.

We observed kids who didn't join the "club" getting into trouble in so many ways.... from the boy that didn't know all the games in the arcade were about $1.50 per minute to ringing up mega charges in the internet area to unfortunately drinking with a crowd and being the kids running up and down the halls at all hours.

We would highly reccommend the club just so they meet some others their own age to pal around with at the pool!

Bring their game boys - the arcade is expensive!
Also pizza, burgers and hotdogs and brownies available by the pool til late but not 24 hours. We had hamburgers one night at 12:30 pm! Probably depends on the ship. Movies in the room on tv and shows are all family friendly.