Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2007, 01:34 PM
First Mate

Default Seaview Cafe - Serenade of the Seas?

I just read where someone liked the Seaview Cafe......and they served "onion rings." I can almost taste them now.

Is the Seaview cafe on the Serenade or another ship? If so, is there a charge at that cafe?

I have been reading so much GOOD about the Radiance class ships with all its glass, that I just can't hardly wait to get on.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Admiral

The Sea View Cafe is on the Radiance-class ships. It's located on the starboard, aft part of the ship, on Deck 12.

Dean
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

And there's no charge at the SeaView (great Rueben sandwiches, besides the onion rings), but you do have to pay for drinks.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:29 PM
First Mate

We loved the Seaview Cafe! You can access it from deck 12, aft of the children's pool, or you can go to the back left of the Windjammer and go up the stairs there. We loved the food, especially the Cuban sandwich, onion rings, reuben . . . EXCEPT the fish. It was just like a big fish stick. Don't waste your time on it.

Here is a picture of the menu:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Admiral

I just loved the cafe. Would always head there first after a day of excursions for a late lunch that would hold me until our late sitting for dinner. They had a hot fudge brownie that was really good. Bob
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree with the other posters. Seaview is unique to Radiance class ships and is great - especially in the afternoon and evening when the weather is nice. My kids really like the milk shakes as well. Seaview over Johnny Rockets for me any day.
Old March 7th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I agree with everyone, the Seaview cafe is a great place to sit and enjoy a light meal.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 7th, 2007, 05:55 PM
First Mate

Thank you everyone for replying back in regard to the Seaview Cafe. I really appreciate your input, and thank you for sending the menu also.

One of you mentioned that we did have to buy our drink. Are you saying that they don't serve tea/water/lemonade/coffee free?

Do we need a soda card to purchase drinks there, or can we just purchase one there, and have it put on our tab? We don't drink that much pop, so a soda card wouldn't really do us much good.
Old March 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brneyes
Thank you everyone for replying back in regard to the Seaview Cafe. I really appreciate your input, and thank you for sending the menu also.

One of you mentioned that we did have to buy our drink. Are you saying that they don't serve tea/water/lemonade/coffee free?

Do we need a soda card to purchase drinks there, or can we just purchase one there, and have it put on our tab? We don't drink that much pop, so a soda card wouldn't really do us much good.
They have the regular free drinks, and you can purchase a single pop and have it put on your tab.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Old March 9th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Seaview, yum my favorite place for a late night "snack", or mid-afternoon meal. Good grub, and do try the milkshakes. I think they were about 3.50 but old fashioned goodness. With the fairly remote location, this is fairly quiet the first couple of days, then once folks figure out where it is, it can get crowded by your 2nd sea day.

If you take the Radiance, you can only access it from the open Deck 12 by walking outside. So during inclement weather, it's really quiet. On the Brilliance, Serenade, and Jewel of the Seas a stairway was added to access it from the aft outside portion of the Windjammer. This allowed most passengers to discover it earlier than they do on the Radiance.

Take care, Steve
Old March 9th, 2007, 04:07 PM
First Mate

Well since I am taking the Serenade, I should have access by "stairs" if I understood you right? Did you say the stairs are on the outside or inside of the ship to the Seaview Cafe

Well talking about malts/shakes, if I have that.............there goes my DIET
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:54 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brneyes
Well since I am taking the Serenade, I should have access by "stairs" if I understood you right? Did you say the stairs are on the outside or inside of the ship to the Seaview Cafe

Well talking about malts/shakes, if I have that.............there goes my DIET
The stairs are inside at the back left of the Windjammer. You can also access it on by going past the Ocean Adventure pool on Deck 12.
Mark Twain

Old March 12th, 2007, 04:14 PM
First Mate

Thank you Michelle. As you can see, I am trying to find, all the quick cuts to all the places on the ship, that I might want to go to.
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Admiral

The heck with the diet (for a week or so anyway). Enjoy the Seaview. So many people on our cruise last month on the Radiance didn't even know of it's existence.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:56 PM
First Mate

Subtropic, yes you are right. That is why I am trying to loose at least 5 lbs before I go. One way or another, I "will" eat Normally, I do a lot of walking instead of elevators on the ship, so that should help me out too.