Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2007, 01:23 PM
First Mate

Default Serenade of the Seas - Deck 7

I just read some bad news, and hopefully this does not pertain to us.

We are booked on deck 7, sort of close to the middle area, with a balcony. I just read that the lifeboats are directly under, and they have a covering, and sometimes this coverting with "block" the viewing area.

Does anyone know about this?
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Beginner

***commercial site edited****

someone there was mentioning that the boats are a pain if on deck 7.

try the website. look in p-z, than royal carribean. it's there, you might have to do some looking.

E
Old March 7th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The lifeboats affect the view directly down to the water from your balcony. But certainly have no impact of most of your view. Just a minor irriitation I think.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 9th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Because the Balcony decks are recessed a bit, they all look out over the white canopy that covers the lifeboats. What you see while leaning on your balcony railing is this canopy just below your floor level. While you can't look directly down to the water, your view out to the water is only mildly obstructed.

For this reason I prefer Deck 9 or 10. However you won't be disappointed with Deck 7 as the view is still stunning.

Have a great cruise, Steve
Old March 9th, 2007, 03:55 PM
First Mate

Default Deck & - Serenade of the Seas

Thank you everyone for responding back to my question about looking out, when you have a balcony on deck 7.

Someone had mentioned about looking on the RCCL website, and checking out the P-Z, I have NO clue what you are referring to.

Yes, considering what we have been through to get a room (start with deck 8 inner, go to deck 3 window, then back to deck 7 balcony), I'm just tickled to have a balcony. It will be a "first" for me.
Old March 12th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Beginner

Looking at the deck plans for deck 7 on the Serenade, the only two handicap accessible cabins are right at the hump, which means part of your balcony will have an unobstructed view straight down to the water. The balcony cabins along the straight sides have a great view of the ocean but you just can't see the water straight down. After all you've been through with your TA, I don't think this is a big issue for you!
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:48 PM
First Mate

Thank you Carol, that is making me feel better already. Just 30 days (it will be here before we know it........and then be over ) until sailing time.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 04:27 PM
Beginner

Default life boat cover

I have read that the life boat covers which are white may cause the balcony area to heat up a bit when the sun is shining directly on the white covers. Just something to consider.
We booked on deck 7 close to the front of the ship so do not have this potential problem.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:03 PM
First Mate

Well hopefully it doesn't get too hot from the covers. (Our TA booked our room, so we really didn't have too much choice.)

We probably won't be in our rooms that much to really worry about it. Actually it may feel good after coming from the dining room/restaurants where they keep them so COLD.
Old April 6th, 2007, 02:57 PM
First Mate

we just had a last minute booking in a hump balcony on deck 7 of Jewel for a 6 day trip--it was a great location near the Centrum overlook & the elevators & it had an oversized balcony-- no visibiltity problems at all...also near a computer center that no one else used. We got a Sr discount & the whole thing was under $1000 for two --how lucky was that? Only neg was that you could hear the art auction blasting up from the centrum--only a moderate annoyance all things considered. Our next cruise on Jewel will be at a much higher price for a regular plan ahead booking on deck Nine Hump!