Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Familiar Face

Default Majesty of the Sea April 9-12

Anyone taking this cruise?

If you have sailed on this ship before, what did you think about it? Are there any secrets we should know?
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Majesty of the Sea April 9-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrt4girls
Anyone taking this cruise?

If you have sailed on this ship before, what did you think about it? Are there any secrets we should know?
I just finished a cruise on the Majesty last week. She just had a major refurbishment and is almost like a brand new ship. New carpet, new beds, new paint, new polish, new alt dining (Johnny Rockets, Sorentos Pizza, Compass Deli), new and improved WindJammer, more open space, and an overall upgrade to all the food and service areas of the ship. Go and enjoy! I posted some pics in the gallery.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Passenger

We went in Feb and took the whole family...what a great cruise! The only bad thing about the 4night cruise that I can say is....it's like giving an after dinner mint to a starving person; it makes you want more!!!! We are booked for a 7night on the Mariner in Jan. I can't wait.
But back to your question. The ship was beautiful! I had never been on the Majesty before, but have seen lots of pics. The place was magnificent!
The staff were wonderful. The Windjammer was very easy to get around. If the front is filling up, they will try to direct you to the back. It is enclosed in glass and not very crowded. Some times they will close one to get ready for lunch, dinner, ect. The all may do that, I have only been on one cruise before; it was the Jewel. I thought being on the Jewel for my first cruise then going on the Majesty would be a dissapointment, but I was pleasantly surprised. Don't miss the dance lessons by the pool. They were so much fun! Don't be late getting off in Coco Cay, you don't want to miss any quality time on this Perfect Island! My son-in-law just wanted us to leave him there! We did the wave-runner, it was awesome!
The theater was so beautiful. Don't be late, you will have to settle for seats in the back, good seats though.
Well, I guess you figured that I enjoyed my cruise
Let me know if you have any questions!
Enjoy!
Old March 18th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Familiar Face

Default Thanks

Thanks for both of your replies. Scott, the pictures are great. Today we booked the parasailing at Cococay. It doesn't look like it lasts real long, but I am hoping it is still worth it.

I have a few other questions. I have read posts about people who do not follow the dress code and ships that don't enforce it. Would it be acceptable to wear dress bermudas and a dressier top with dressy sandals for the casual nights? I notice that it doesn't include capris or shorts on the list of acceptable attire. Of course this is for my daughter and me, not for a gentleman.

Also, if we buy a soda card would we need to buy one for each of us or would we be able to have just one?

We are considering visiting the straw market in Nassau and then returning to the ship to enjoy some of the things that are offered and to just relax by the pool. Are there things that we would really be missing out on if we did that?

We are planning on spending the whole day on Cococay and we are looking forward to visiting the shops on Duvall Street in Key West, so there won't be any other lazy days by the pool.

How cold is the air conditioning on the ship? Will I always need to have a sweater with me?

One last question, it was suggested in the travel documents that we have a hat with us. Is it really necessary? How do you pack a hat? I guess I am not really a hat person.

I know that most of these questions are personal preference, but I would like to know what either of you think.

Thanks,
Marci
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
I have a few other questions. I have read posts about people who do not follow the dress code and ships that don't enforce it. Would it be acceptable to wear dress bermudas and a dressier top with dressy sandals for the casual nights? I notice that it doesn't include capris or shorts on the list of acceptable attire. Of course this is for my daughter and me, not for a gentleman.
As long as you don't walk in the dining room with shorts and a tank top, you'll be ok. They prefer long pants and sleeves for the adults, other than that, you'll be ok.

Quote:
Also, if we buy a soda card would we need to buy one for each of us or would we be able to have just one?
You are supposed to buy a card for everyone in your party. The bartenders and waiters won't give you multiple sodas on just one card.

Quote:
We are considering visiting the straw market in Nassau and then returning to the ship to enjoy some of the things that are offered and to just relax by the pool. Are there things that we would really be missing out on if we did that?
The straw market is really just a cheap souvenir shop. All the vendors have pretty much the same t-shirts, hats, purses, beach towels and trinkets. Don't spend too much time there. If you've never been to Nassau before, the big attraction is the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. You'll need to book the Discover Atlantis shore excursion onboard, or take the water taxi over to Paradise island. The Atlantis Resort is really a must see for a first timer in Nassau in my opinion. You can do that in the morning and spend the rest of the day on the ship.

Quote:
How cold is the air conditioning on the ship? Will I always need to have a sweater with me?
Each cabin has it's own climate control, and they work really well. So whatever you set it to, it will be. As for the rest of the ship, they keep the AC on high, but in the tropical Bahamas, that's a good thing. I never saw anyone wearing a sweater on the ship.

Quote:
One last question, it was suggested in the travel documents that we have a hat with us. Is it really necessary? How do you pack a hat? I guess I am not really a hat person.
The hat is for the sun. You will be in the tropics, and the sun does beat down pretty hard there, so usually just sun block doesn't really do it for sun protection, take a ball-cap or something or buy a cheap one from a straw market vendor when you get there.

Have a great cruise!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Passenger

hrt4girls: My son-in-law purchsed on drink package on our cruise. When the waiter in the Windjammer came over to ask about drinks, my son-in-law handed him his card and asked for a sprite. They have 3kids 4,7 and 18monts; the waiter brought them 3 glassed of sprite. Now, I am not saying that is ok, but they really don't drink that much and trust me, they spent a good bit of money on that 4night cruise.
My daughter wouldn't let them drink very much anyway. She mostly makes them drink water, juice or milk. I think my son-in-law meant to get the card for himself. Come to think of it, they ordered sodas for themselves at dinner and the waiter never asked for a card
Have a great time; I know we sure did.