Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:12 PM
First Mate

Default Asking question ahead of time

I think I already know the answer , but I thought I would ask.

I normally get the cheapest rate for air fare through Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, or something like that.

Once you have book/accepted their rate and given them your credit card info, if you should see the rate drop at the same place, there is no way (I'm asking.....) you can contact them back, to get a reduce rate, is there?

As you can see, I am trying to find all the "loopholes" I can :o , to save on money.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Admiral

No, once you book air, that is the rate you get. But, let me give one piece of advice. All of the sites you mentioned charge a service fee at the time of booking. You can actually do better by booking directly with the airlines...they do not impose the service fee. It is usually only $5.00 pp, but hey,every dollar adds up.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:53 PM
First Mate

Thank you Marylou, yes you are correct, but I found the service fee ($10.00) wasn't that much, or at least I thought so. Some of the other places may charge more, but as far as I know (I have checked my credit card), I have not been charged more than $5 or $10.00.

I did check with the airline first, and they could not give me a price even remotely close to what I was given, that is why I went that way. (I told them I wanted to be "honest and upfront with them", so they kneew where I was coming from.
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:13 PM
First Mate

once you have paid for the ticket, you are pretty much done. But I will tell you something that I discovered pre9-11. I had purchased tickets to London through Expedia and the fare went down $200 per person two months before departure. I went to my local airport and had the ticket rebooked at the lower rate. The catch was that when the original ticket is canceled and rebooked, you can be left with nothing if the timing is wrong and someone takes your seat a second before you do. The $400 was given to us as a voucher. This had to be done in person at an airport with the airline I was booked with. Like I said, this was pre9-11 and much has changed with airlines since.
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Passenger

I assume you are booking the lowest rate which in most cases is non refundable. Changes can be made but most likely you will incur a $50 fee plus the difference in cost. Most of the GDS (booking engines) do not have access to each and every flight or even the lowest fares available. I have always used a TA for my air. I usually got a good deal and even got a booking guarantee, that lowers my cost if there is significant drop in prices. Yes I pay a $10 service fee for this but it still works out to be less.
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:56 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the replys. Yes, I do try to book the cheapest rate. I did try a couple times booking through my TA, but we both found out that if I did it on my own, I could get it cheaper.