Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Beginner

Default room with adjoining door - will it be noisy?

We are trying to book a fairly last minute cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas and the only two rooms with windows left both have a door to an adjoing cabin. I read somewhere that this type of room tends to be noisy because the partitioning wall is thinner. Is this correct? We need to let our agent know quickly because there´s not many rooms left.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Beginner

We just took a cruise a few weeks ago in an inside cabin with adjoining door. In the middle of the night, every time the guy in the next cabin sneezed it sounded like he was right in our cabin and scared me out of my sleep. Our bed was right up against the door and we could hear the couple in there talking and their TV but that was about it since we were really in there just at night anyway. I would prefer not to ever have a connecting door again, but I can sacrifice it for a week. However, if you happen to be stuck next to a family with noisy kids or someone that snores all night, or people that stay up and watch movies, then that would be really bad. Since you don't know how bad it could be, tell your travel agent not to book the adjoining door.
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Beginner

Thank you so much for replying so quickly. We´ll definitely not book the one with the adjoining door. Many thanks.
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm not sure what ship ylimecruiser was on with the noisy experience with the adjoining cabin door. We have cruised on several ships with RCI that had adjoining doors. Not once did it pose a noise problem. First of all, there are two doors with an air space in between them, so they pose no more noise than a conventional wall.

The bigger issue is that on some ships, the cabin with adjoining door may eliminate a sofa. This happened to us on Freedom of the Seas. It was a design flaw in my opinion as there was plenty of room for a shorter sofa or at least a padded chair. But you shouldn't have any problem with noise, so I would book it.

Take care, Steve
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:28 PM
First Mate

We were just on the Explorer in January. We had adjoining rooms with my dd and dil and we could never hear them. We would always try and listen to see if they were awake and but we could not tell. I know at times they were loud laughing and carrying on.

I would not hesitate to book a adjoining cabin again.
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Captain

Not to be controversial but we had the same experience with the noise level on the "Radiance" this past year. Will NEVER book an adjoining room again! Maybe it's just that some of them are more ill fitting than others. Neighbors weren't noisy, but still felt like we knew them at the end of the week!