Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Beginner

Default Need blue RCCL teddy bear for 4-year-old!!

I took my twin 4-year-olds on their first cruise on the RCCL Freedom, which disembarked in Miami on 3/11/2007.

On unpacking, we discovered to my daughter's horror that the blue RCCL teddy bear we had purchased in the onboard gift shop ($15) was missing. Her brother has his yellow matching one purchased at the same time.

RCCL is proving to be a stone wall when I try different avenues to purchase a replacement bear for my daughter.

Is there anyone planning an RCCL Freedom cruise very soon, who may be willing to purchase a replacement bear and send it to me in the Seattle area? I'm willing to pay for the bear, shipping, and an appropriate fee for doing us this favor.

The bears are small, plush, and wear a short-sleeve t-shirt that says "Royal Caribbean International - Get Out There." There were plenty of these still available on the ship when our cruise ended.

Thanks so much for any good samaritan who can help us with this! I've told my daughter that her bear had to "go to the teddy bear hospital", thinking it would be a small matter to just order another directly through Royal Caribbean. Mommy assumed wrong.

Karen
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Beginner

custservice@markscot.com <custservice@markscot.com>

Karen, I found this email address. It is supposedly to the customer service of the gift shop.

You may want to try contacting him.

Out of curiosity, how was the food on Royal Caribbean. My cousin cruised on one of their 10 years ago, and they were not impressed with the food. That has lead to their reluctance to trying Royal Caribbean again.
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Beginner

I've tried all the customer service (i.e. telephone customer service, gift shop customer service, in-port shopping customer service) routes with no success, which is why I'm trying here.

Another appeal to those planning a RCCL cruise anytime soon to help me get my daughter a blue teddy bear!!! I'm going to wait one more week, and then I'll have to patch the burned one as best I can, and it will be "scarred for life"!

Thanks in advance for anyone who can be of assistance.

I found the food to be wonderful in the dining room. My kids loved Johnny Rockets, and we didn't try any of the speciality dining or late-night buffets. I think the food and entertainment was much improved since the last time I cruised with them 5 years ago.

I'm not really a buffet person in general, but I found the buffet and room service to be satisfactory. My kids loved the frozen yogurt kiosk (next to the H2O zone, no extra charge).

I'm also diabetic, so didn't sample many desserts, but the few chocolate offerings I was able to factor into my "carb ration" were delicious.
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Beginner

i will be going on the mariner of the seas leaving march 25th. would you like me to see if i can find a bear there?
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Beginner

J Bonesmack - Thanks so much for volunteering to help. My daughter will be overjoyed if it works out! I've emailed you privately and we can make arrangements from there. Gratefully, Karen
Old March 19th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Passenger

hi karen, if you still would rather a freedom bear, i sent you a private message, i used to work on the freedom
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Beginner

Thanks so much for responding! One way or another, it looks like my daughter will be able to get an un-scarred bear! By now you should have received my reply to your private email.
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ok, curiosity is getting the best of me, what the heck happened to the blue bear, it sounded like it was altogether missing and now it sounds like you have him but he suffered an owwie, what gives?
Old March 20th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Beginner

Yes, the story gets rather complicated. We did find the bear after my first post, packed in the least-likely place when we returned home. Then, my daughter decided that a light fixture on the wall looked like the perfect bed for teddy (unbeknownst to the rest of the family). The light fixture had an exposed bulb. Next thing I know, she's wailing inconsolably and her brother is announcing that he found the teddy burning on top of the light fixture (I will provide a photo of the bear's terrible "owie" later today).

I think this gives you the total timeline of this thread! To answer the other obvious question, the light fixture in question has now been replaced by one that's totally enclosed, using a fluorescent (i.e. low heat, low energy) bulb...

She's now asking everyday when her bear is coming back from the teddy bear hospital, and I'm doing my best to explain that she needs to be patient. Thanks to those who've responded with concern and help! I hope to be able to post a happy ending to this story within a couple weeks!

Old April 12th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks to Ashley and CruiseMates community!

I just wanted to give a public thanks to Ashley and his wife from South Carolina who, on their honeymoon on the Mariner no less, made the kind gesture to buy a replacement bear for my daughter and send it to us in Seattle when they returned.

A very happy ending and I'm so glad to have found cruisemates...thanks to all!
Old April 19th, 2007, 01:48 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to 17andacruiseaddict Send a message via Yahoo to 17andacruiseaddict

awww this was such a sweet story. i am surprised that people are that nice in the world ( lol i know that sounds mean but, to actually think of a complete stranger on a cruise and send them a gift is a really kind gesture)