Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default $99 off stateroom promotion from May-June 2006

Did any first time RCCL cruisers get this promotion? I am a RCCL first time cruiser and I booked a cruise on the Mariner for June 17, 2007 via a TA. When I saw this promo on the RCCL website, I emailed it to my TA (May 28)and asked if my cruise qualified. I was advised that yes it was and that it would be discounted. I failed to follow up with my TA to make sure until recently, since my final payment is due April 1. When I asked the TA about this (3-2) I was informed that this promo was for past RCCL guests only and since I wasn't I didn't qualify for the discount. I've completed the online form on RCCL website (3-2) asking if this was the case and have yet to get a response. Does anyone know if this is correct or have any suggestions on how to get a written response from RCCL?
This is what was on the website:

Our 2007 and 2008 itineraries, featuring spectacular new destinations, are now open for reservations. These amazing cruise vacations include special limited-time offers of $99 off per stateroom on select cruises, and future sailings of our newest ship, Liberty of the SeasSM!

Special limited-time offers of $99 off per stateroom on Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean and Mexico sailings are now becoming available.*

Short Cruise Vacations 2007-2008

With more 3-, 4- and 5-night cruise vacations than ever before, this is the perfect time to plan a quick getaway. From racing along the coast of CocoCay® on a waverunner or kayaking Bermuda's Paradise Lakes to roaming through a Mexican jungle, these short sailings pack a lot of adventure into just a few days.

Make your reservations by June 23, 2006, and save $99 per stateroom on select Bahamas, Bermuda, Caribbean and Mexico cruise vacations!*

Journey to Mexico and the Panama Canal 2007-2008

Take a Mexico cruise vacation and experience the dazzling Mexican Riviera, Baja, Cabo San Lucas, and more! Or cross an amazing man-made wonder on a Panama Canal cruise vacation and explore Costa Rica , Aruba, and Mexico .

Make your reservations by June 18, 2006, and save $99 per stateroom on select Mexico cruise vacations!*

Announcing Caribbean Gulf Port Sailings 2007-2008

Swim, snorkel, sun, shop, and more. Discover the islands of the Caribbean from the convenient Gulf departure ports of Galveston , Texas , or New Orleans , Louisiana . Plus, for the first time, Voyager of the Seas will be sailing from the Lone Star State !

Make your reservations by June 17, 2006, and save $99 per stateroom on select Caribbean cruise vacations!* Caribbean cruises included in this offer originate from Gulf departure ports.

Set Sail for the Caribbean 2007-2008

Explore ancient Mayan pyramids and swim with dolphins. Immerse yourself in the vibrant climate of the Caribbean and continue the adventure onboard the most innovative cruise ships at sea, including our newest ships, Freedom of the SeasSM and Liberty of the Seas.SM

Make your reservations by June 16, 2006, and save $99 per stateroom on select Caribbean cruise vacations!*

Caribbean, Bermuda & Canada/New England 2007-2008

Experience the dazzling blue Caribbean waters, the pink-sand Bermuda beaches or the lighthouse-dotted coastline of Canada/New England. And now getting onboard is even easier with our new departure port in Norfolk , Virginia .

Make your reservations by June 11, 2006, and save $99 per stateroom on select Caribbean or Bermuda cruise
vacations!* Caribbean cruises included in this offer originate from Northeast coast departure ports.

Defining Paradise: Hawaii 2007

Aloha! On a Hawaii cruise vacation you'll experience an unforgettable paradise full of new adventures. Explore the stunning ocean cliffs, cascading waterfalls and green valleys of Kauai . Tour the Royal Palace of the Hawaiian monarchy in Oahu . Or attend an authentic luau and visit the renowned beaches of Waikiki .

Discover Alaska 2007

Cruise past the active Hubbard Glacier as it sends sheets of ice into the sea. Hike through glacial waterfalls and rain forests. Visit our newest port of call, Prince Rupert , British Columbia . You can even journey farther inland on our spectacular cruisetours and explore Denali National Park , relax in natural hot-spring pools, and more!

Explore Europe 2007

From the Baltic peninsulas and islands of Helsinki to the mosques and opulent palaces of Old Istanbul , a Europe cruise vacation is packed with adventure and experiences you'll never forget. Plus, we've added several new ports of call to our Europe itineraries, including Casablanca , Morocco ; Fort de France, Martinique; Split , Croatia ; and La Coru├▒a , Spain !

*$99 off per stateroom for all categories on all Bahamas, Bermuda, Caribbean and Mexico sailings or $99 can be used toward the purchase of a passport. Reservation window for each destination offer will be 45 days from the deployment opening date.

Terms & Conditions: To take advantage of these offers, call your travel agent or call 888-446-7908 and reserve your cruise within 45 days of open for reservations dates listed herein. New reservations with names and deposit must be made within 45 days of open for reservations dates for discount offer to be applicable. Prices are in U.S. dollars and valid for Royal Caribbean International select sail dates and itineraries (April 2007- April 2008 new deployment for Caribbean, Bahamas , Mexico & Bermuda). Itineraries and pricing are subject to availability and may change without prior notice. Certain restrictions apply. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Guests who reserve on select sailings and itineraries (April 2007- April 2008 new deployment for Caribbean, Bahamas , Mexico & Bermuda) will automatically have a $99 saving applied per stateroom to their reservation. Limit one $99 saving per stateroom. Savings are in U.S. dollars, are not redeemable for cash and not transferable. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. The offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares. This members-only offer applies to all categories, unless otherwise noted. These offers are valid only for use by the recipient addressed herein. Offer is not combinable with any other promotion or offer unless expressly stated therein. Discount applies on a per-stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Royal Caribbean International will automatically deduct the $99 per stateroom saving within two weeks of the date reservation is made. A confirmation will be sent within three weeks of the date reservation is made. If name change occurs additional charges may occur.**

**Name changes (first or last) or substitutions can be made to all but one of the original names listed on the reservation unless final electronic transmission has been sent to the ship. Name changes will be allowed, but may be subject to additional charges given the following conditions: guests' air has been assigned, documents have been issued or request is less than 35 days prior to sail date.
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Passenger

I remember this promo and no, you don't have to be a past RCCL guest. If you meet the requirements (basically make a qualified booking within 45 days of sale opening date), you should get it. However, I had a hard time with RCCL customer service reps redeeming it for my clients, before I finally found an enough knowledgeable one. Your TA should be able to do it for you. Good luck.
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shura
I remember this promo and no, you don't have to be a past RCCL guest. If you meet the requirements (basically make a qualified booking within 45 days of sale opening date), you should get it. However, I had a hard time with RCCL customer service reps redeeming it for my clients, before I finally found an enough knowledgeable one. Your TA should be able to do it for you. Good luck.
My TA said it was for past RCCL guests. It sounds as if you are a TA. Can you recommend the customer service rep that was knowledgeable for your clients?
My TA said that this statement in the terms and conditions referring to "members only" means past RCCL guests.
"This members-only offer applies to all categories, unless otherwise noted."
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just from reading the ad, sounds to me like for past guests?? May-be I'm not understanding it, but thats what it looks like to me.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Passenger

Two of my clients who got the $99 price reduction were not past guests, and this was not the point of an argument. The problem was that some RCCL reps interpreted "booking must be made within 45 days..." as booking must be paid in full within 45 days. Finally one agreed that deposit is sufficient to consider that booking is made. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name. It was in last year June. Honestly, I don't know what members only means in this case. But I would think if this offer was restricted to past guests or to Crown & Anchor members, it would specifically say so. Not only myself but other agents had hard times to get this promo for clients, and everybody was laughing at the part stated it would be "automatically" applied to the booking. You had to be really persistent. That's all I can advise.