Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Beginner

Default Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

We, a group of 8 , are sailing on the Mariner on April 22 and are looking for transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral and the return to Orlando after our cruise. Also, has anyone stayed at the Radisson at Port Canaveral. If so what's it like? Thanks in advance for any/all help.
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Beginner

I AM A REAL PERMITTED/INSURED DRIVER NOT THE OWNER OF A TRANSPORTATION COMPANY!!!!! (I am on the drivers manifest at Port Canaveral and permitted by The City of Orlando)

I have been driving Vans and Town Cars for Orlando Transportation & Tours Inc. for almost 2 years now. I personally have transferred probably about
- 7000 people. (5 transfers of 14 people per week = 70 people per week x 52weeks = 3640 people a year x2!)
- That's a lot of Dads, Moms, Grandmas, Grandpas, Sisters, Brothers, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins, Front/Rear facing child seats, booster seats, bathroom stops, Walmart stops, Drug store stops..... and more!

Wouldn't this qualify me as an expert in providing transportation for people between the Orlando International Airport and Port Canaveral Cruise Terminals?

I work would only work for a company that takes 4 things VERY, VERY SERIOUSLY. - AND
IN THIS ORDER:

1. Reliability - (if your driver never shows up, NOTHING else matters)

2. Safety - (Safety Conscious Drivers with excellent driving records, Child safety seats Working seat belts etc. - You should EXPECT to get to your destination in one piece.

3. Comfort - This is often debated by level of priority over #4 in that many people are willing to sacrifice comfort for affordability to .... save a buck... the truth is YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!

4. Affordability - There is a good sized competitive market in the Orlando Area for Transportation between MCO and Port Canaveral, The company I work for has the lowest rates I know of!
(I am often told by other drivers "I don't know how you can do port runs for such a small amount of money.. I'll be honest.... PEOPLE TIP ME WELL - BECAUSE I PROVIDE THEM EXELLENT SERVICE! - I do pretty good)

You can find the company I work for here:
http://orlando-airport-shuttles.com

- or you call 1-866-351-9991 - Ttell them that you read this post on Cruisemates and that it was written by Mr. Sandman
- MY REAL NAME IS PAUL SANDMAN
Old March 20th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Captain

Ronmar,

There are also shuttle buses that will take you to Port Canaveral. Look for a Carnival representative near the baggage pick up area. He or she will show you where to buy the ticket and tell you which bus to get on. I think we paid about $60 each for a round trip ticket.

Good luck, and have a great cruise!!

Libragirl
Old March 20th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Admiral

When we stayed at the Radisson before our cruise we rented a car from Budget. Their return location is very close to the pier and they offer free shuttle service to the port on cruise day. For such a large group of 8, you might want to look into a large van and book it for your return to the airport also. I think it would be less expensive than paying for 8 transfers plus you have the freedom of seeing the area, having dinner, etc before the cruise. It is only a 45 minute easy straight drive to the Radisson in PC from MCO. Enjoy.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 20th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Cruiser
When we stayed at the Radisson before our cruise we rented a car from Budget. Their return location is very close to the pier and they offer free shuttle service to the port on cruise day. For such a large group of 8, you might want to look into a large van and book it for your return to the airport also. I think it would be less expensive than paying for 8 transfers plus you have the freedom of seeing the area, having dinner, etc before the cruise. It is only a 45 minute easy straight drive to the Radisson in PC from MCO. Enjoy.
Thanks for all the replys. CA, does this mean that you rented a car at the airport in Orlando and drove it over to the Radisson and then rented another car to get back to the airport post cruise? Like you said, we would need either a large van or 2 smaller, but that doesn't sound too bad. We are actually getting to Orlando on Saturday for a Sunday cruise, so having our own vehicles would be benificial.
Old March 20th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Yes, we did it on line. Be sure to verify your return reservation while you're at the Port Canaveral location and like you said maybe 2 minivans or 1 large 10-15 passenger van, remember to leave room for luggage! Enjoy!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302