Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:18 AM
Passenger

Default Freedom i big disapointment

Just got back from my 7 day western caribbean crusie onboard the Freedom Of the seas..This was my 6th cruise with rccl and it might be my last...the ship for one yesr old is just in very bad shape..the carpet is dirty the ship has some kind of pee like smell to it in the stateroom hallways..And the stff they have on board is just the worst i ahve had on a cruise before..Captian erick Tengleson wase not seen after the frist captian welcome oaboard show did not give a update on the shisp location at noon (i ahve ahd this on every sea day before by the captian on rccl) james Andrews the crusie dirctor was ok but did not stay after the show to talk to the passangers about the upcomeing day..And one of the dancers pushed my 83 year old grandmother when we were geting on a tender to Grand caymen..Then gave hera bad look for being in his way..Over all i was looking to forward to being on the worlds largest crusie ship when i got off i was very didapointed with the lack of service that you get on the Fr..rccl has to step up with the crew on this ship are they well not get alot of passangers abck on theis vessel...
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:09 AM
Welcome Newcomer

This news is not good. We are on the freedom in june and this is our first
cruise. I can only hope that it improves before june.
Shiska
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:18 AM
Beginner

WOW! We love RCI, that is disappointing.
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

I find this story hard to believe. The spelling alone is horrible.

Anyone who has been on a tender knows there's are several RCCL staff there to assist & only one person at a time boards a tender. How did you know it was a dancer? The entertainment crew is usually sleeping in the morning due to their nighttime schedule. And if this indeed happened, why didn't you speak up to the staff standing right there? Obviously they would have witnessed it. Just because you are an adult doesn't mean you don't say anything when another passenger does something wrong or incredibly rude.

The carpeting? Again, why didn't you say something? It could have been a problem with a nearby cabin toilet, not the carpeting. It could smell the same if you keep passing in the same area. If you have lived in a Condo & have smelled food from a neighbor, you know what I'm saying.

The ship's location at any given point in time can be seen on the TV. If the Captain did indeed miss an announcement(s), there was probably a good reason for it. There's more going on behind the scenes of running a large cruise ship than you realize. The Captain does not run the ship according to your preferences.
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra
I find this story hard to believe. The spelling alone is horrible.
I was thinking the same thing. Other than the pee smell, dirty carpet and rude dancer, how was the rest of the cruise?

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:29 PM
Captain

i was very didapointed in the post
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

This post sounds very suspicious...RCCL has a very good reputation and I find this hard to believe.

My parents just returned from cruising on the Freedom and they said they had an excellent time. The ship was beautiful and had so much to offer, and the staff was wonderful. They said nothing about an odor on the ship, the one thing they commented on was how spotless the ship was.
I've been on a few RCCL ships myself and I've enjoyed everyone of them, my favorite is Adventure of the Seas...great ship, staff..overall it was a big party for 7 days.

I think if someone had this many compalints as this one passenger had they would of reported it.
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:51 PM
Admiral

Yes, it sounds really FISHY to me....

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Dave....Nice Fish![/b]
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Thanks!! It was yummy!!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

It must of taken you months to eat him?
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:21 PM
Admiral

"I had a little help from my friends"

My brothers cooked it up and we all had a feast...

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

AWESOME!!!
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Admiral

I have been on the freedom last year (2nd voyage) and the cruise was the best yet that I have experienced. April 29th I sail again on this beautiful mega ship.
With over 3,000 people on the ship each week I don't expect the carpet to be clean. I have a hard time keeping my carpets clean in my home and there are only four of us. The only reason my carpets are clean because we walk barefoot on carpeted areas in the house.

As I mentioned above I was on the second voyage and my cabin toilet was not working right so I called maintence and they fixed the problem right away. They fixed the toilet from a access door from the hallway. Once he opened the access door the hallway was not smelling like roses.

carpets are not spotless?
problem with the toilet?

Does the captain not annoucing where the ship is at noon "make or break" a vacation?

Cruised with RCCL many times never came across a rude employee.

40 more days until freedom!

Thank you RCCL for many wonderful past vacations and many more to come!
Old March 21st, 2007, 05:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Freedom i big disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM OFTHESEAS07
Just got back from my 7 day western caribbean crusie onboard the Freedom Of the seas..This was my 6th cruise with rccl and it might be my last...the ship for one yesr old is just in very bad shape..the carpet is dirty the ship has some kind of pee like smell to it in the stateroom hallways..And the stff they have on board is just the worst i ahve had on a cruise before..Captian erick Tengleson wase not seen after the frist captian welcome oaboard show did not give a update on the shisp location at noon (i ahve ahd this on every sea day before by the captian on rccl) james Andrews the crusie dirctor was ok but did not stay after the show to talk to the passangers about the upcomeing day..And one of the dancers pushed my 83 year old grandmother when we were geting on a tender to Grand caymen..Then gave hera bad look for being in his way..Over all i was looking to forward to being on the worlds largest crusie ship when i got off i was very didapointed with the lack of service that you get on the Fr..rccl has to step up with the crew on this ship are they well not get alot of passangers abck on theis vessel...
Consider this source as others have posted. This poster appears to be a real beauty...with a high IQ!

Perhaps this poster had too many Margaritas when they posted!

Complete nonsense! RCCL has great ships and there is no way they let a new ship like this turn into shambles.
Old March 21st, 2007, 05:43 PM
Passenger

Frist of all you dont have to make fun of some one becuse of spelling..I gusS YOU really no how to make some fell bad..secound what i saW was true i love rccl becuse of the service and fun they give to ther passangers i did not get this on the freedom of the seas..And some was saying how do you no it was a dancer..becuse they were all together at the gangway 5 min before we got on the tender...
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:03 PM
Passenger

I agree - making fun of someone for poor spelling is just mean. If you have a problem with his post address it - don't attack him because of his spelling. That said...
I am sailing on Freedom April 1st - this will be our 8th or 9th RCCL cruise. I have been on good ships & not so good ships - "The Empress" anyone?! Hopefully they will address the issues - and perhaps he was able to tell it was a dancer - there are rude people all over the world & some people don't feel confident to speak up - especially when there are alot of friends & co-workers with the other person. One rude dancer however does not ruin a cruise - thank goodness your grandmother was OK - perhaps next time if you do smell an odor or want to know the ships location you could just call the desk & report the problem or ask your question. Other than those issues - was it a fun cruise? How was the entertainment - the food - ports?
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Admiral

please do us all a favor and find another cruise line!

cruise with carnival maybe their carpets are cleaner or try costa maybe their dancers don't push.

Or better yet, don't go on vacation and just stay home if all you are going to do is nit pick and complain anyway.

Happy cruising everyone! 8)
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Passenger

cruisequeen - why not try some compassion & patience - he is entitled to express an opinion - that is what these boards are for - he is relating his experience - you don't have to agree - nor be rude.
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:47 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupdiva
I agree - making fun of someone for poor spelling is just mean. If you have a problem with his post address it - don't attack him because of his spelling. That said...
I am sailing on Freedom April 1st - this will be our 8th or 9th RCCL cruise. I have been on good ships & not so good ships - "The Empress" anyone?! Hopefully they will address the issues - and perhaps he was able to tell it was a dancer - there are rude people all over the world & some people don't feel confident to speak up - especially when there are alot of friends & co-workers with the other person. One rude dancer however does not ruin a cruise - thank goodness your grandmother was OK - perhaps next time if you do smell an odor or want to know the ships location you could just call the desk & report the problem or ask your question. Other than those issues - was it a fun cruise? How was the entertainment - the food - ports?
We put a comment in at the front desk the day this issue took palce..did not get any thing back from the the Desk before the end of the cruise..i did not gett the name of the dancer so it was hard for the front desk to any thing about it...
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:51 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM OFTHESEAS07
Quote:
We put a comment in at the front desk the day this issue took palce..did not get any thing back from the the Desk before the end of the cruise..i did not gett the name of the dancer so it was hard for the front desk to any thing about it...
The entertanment was good..like on a ll ships some shows are better then others..One of the best shows was the love and marriage game show it was the highlight of the entertanment for me..found the food in the windjammer to be the best i have had on any cruise ..service up there was ansome...the dining room food was jsut ok..By the way something els rccl has to do is inforce the dress code at dinner..formal night and ther were people in jeans ..they just should not be alowed in the dining room..
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:03 PM
Admiral

makeupdiva,

The ship is in very bad shape???? not bad but VERY bad
The carpets are dirty???? a one year old ship with over 3,000 different people each week hellooooooo? that just made me laugh so hard.
Smell in the hallway? read my above post I had a problem with the toilet they fixed it and yes the hallway did not smell good for about 20 mintues. sooooo? cabin toilets and sinks sometimes do need repair.
The rude dancer - well there is no reason for anyone to be rude but I was not there so I don't know what happened.

It is a vacation away from home, work, laundry, cooking, cleaning and the everyday worries. stop nit picking and enjoy! life is too short!

enjoy your cruise makeup on the DIRTY CARPET VERY BAD SMELLY RUDE SHIP. I know I will!
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:13 PM
First Mate

A month ago the Freedom was sparkling clean and nicely run by a great staff. I have nothing to whine about. Guess I won't see you on the Liberty ?
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:44 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellosno
A month ago the Freedom was sparkling clean and nicely run by a great staff. I have nothing to whine about. Guess I won't see you on the Liberty ?
no thats wrong man i love rccl...Maybe i was just on a wrong voyage...I well be on the librity and the independence and when it comes out the Genaration of the seas....
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM
Admiral

With the Freedom OTS being the first of the Freedom class ships there are bound to be some issues. That is why we as passangers take the time to (with compassion) mention to the staff our concerns. The staff does take notes. When other ships in the Freedom class are constructed those concerns are corrected. The Liberty OTS will not have the problems that the Freedom OTS has and the Independance OTS will not have the problems that the Liberty OTS has and so on. With each ship it justs gets better and better. DW and I sailed on the Freedom in Sept. '06 (the 17th sailing) it was awesome, fantastic, fabulous, terrific. We had a ball. We just got off the Monarch OTS two weeks ago and we will be on the Adventure OTS in Sept and we are looking forward to the Liberty OTS in '08. Cruise on and ENJOY. 8)
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
cruisequeen - why not try some compassion & patience - he is entitled to express an opinion - that is what these boards are for - he is relating his experience - you don't have to agree - nor be rude.
Diva-you don't have to fall for FREEDOMS garbage. Certainly things can't be that bad on a new ship. FREEDOM is a BUFFOON!
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
Admiral

A couple of thoughts here.

English may not be FREEDOM's first language.

Also, I am very interested in reading a complete review of this person's cruise. We've had only snippets so far -- will be interesting to have a complete picture. Perhaps only the negative points of the cruise are fresh in mind. Upon further reflection, all aspects of the cruise may come out.

Dean
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default BIG FISH

When all is said and done about the Freedom, we can agree on one thing Dave had a BIG FISH 8) See you all on the freedom 10 june 07
Shiska
Old March 22nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
Passenger

My husband and I just returned from a Western carribean cruise with Freedom of the Sea's. It was a big BORING floating hotel. The service was deplorable!!!! The carpets did smell. We also had 90 girls that were from Panama who were fifteen years old with two chaperones. The security was non-exsistent because these rude girls ran the hallways till all hours of the night. There were many of us who complained but nothing was done to curtail the noise and drinking that was done by some of them. They tied up elevators so it made it impossible to navigate the ship. The staff that cared for our stateroom we saw only once when we boarded. I will never sail on this ship again. It was a BIG disappointment. We are retired and crise often we picked the wrong ship. The rock wall and ice skating rink meant nothing to us.