Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Beginner

Default Majesty - Miami Questions

Hi Everybody,

I am taking my ten year old son (11 in June) on the Majesty 4/23. This will be my 6th cruise, his 3rd and our first RCI. We can't wait. But - this will be my first cruise with him as a single parent, so I'm trying to get everything in order - and I have a few questions...

I booked the RCI transportation from Miami, thinking that once our luggage was loaded on to the bus that we wouldn't see it again until it arrived at our room. But in reading some of the posts - this may be wrong. Will we have to claim our luggage at the terminal and bring it in with us? I don't mind waiting for the bus to fill up before leaving for the terminal - it will give us the chance to meet some people on the trip.

Minimum age for excursions...We want to parasail but it says the minimum age is 12. Our last cruise was 4 years ago on Holland America to Alaska. We went on a hike/river rafting trip in which the minimum age was 7. Because we could all swim and there was such a small group, they let us take him. The rafting trip was extremely smooth, and we loved it. Does anyone know if that age of 12 is an absolute?

My son attended a rock climbing camp last summer - we live in the mountains of New Hampshire - and has used the rock climbing wall at the gym quite a few times. Is there a minimum age for the climbing wall on the ship, and what are the hours?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Admiral

AM-Your son sounds like he is very athletic and can keep up with the adults. On the Adventurer of the Seas last year, I watched this little girl, maybe 6 or 7 scale the rock climbing wall in no time. Your son should have no problem on your cruise. Bob
Old April 16th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Beginner

Hi Bob,

I booked the parasailing trip in Key West through Shore Trips - no minimum age. And it sounds from the other posts that there isn't a long wait for the climbing wall. But - next week is our school vacation week - if there are a lot of kids, that may change. Big Nor'easter coming through today - thank goodness we don't leave until next Monday

Thanks Bob,
Anne Marie
Old April 16th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Anne Marie, I booked an excursion with shortrips.com in Nassau and had a great time. It was a cataraman/sail and snorkel and we ended up going to lunch and hanging out at Blackbeards Cay and that was a lot of fun. Bob
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Beginner

I booked the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau through Shore Trips as well. I didn't realize that we would have to take a taxi to get to Paradise Island to get to the Dolphin Encounter departure dock. Did you have to take a taxi for your excursion? And if you did - do you have to negotiate the cab fare ahead? The documents from Shore Trips said it would cost approximately $5.00 per person each way.

Thanks Bob,
Anne Marie
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Did not have to take a taxi, just walked out to Front Street from the ship and met a bus that picked me up by some statue on a side street. They gave me good directions and picked me up when promised and took us down to a really nice dock area. Bob
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Majesty - Miami Questions

[quote="AMCarb"]Hi Everybody,

I booked the RCI transportation from Miami, thinking that once our luggage was loaded on to the bus that we wouldn't see it again until it arrived at our room. But in reading some of the posts - this may be wrong. Will we have to claim our luggage at the terminal and bring it in with us? I don't mind waiting for the bus to fill up before leaving for the terminal - it will give us the chance to meet some people on the trip.

after 9/11 we all must claim our bags in miami and take them to the bus.
Old April 18th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Beginner

After reading all of the posts about RCI transportation vs. taxi in Miami, I cancelled the transportation and plan on taking a taxi. I didn't realize that the airport wasn't too far from the cruise terminal. And there were a lot of good points about getting to the terminal quicker, and not having to check in with a large group of people.

Thanks for the post!
Anne Marie