Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Passenger

Default Just back from Jewel

And we had a blast! The ship was sold out and there was a lot of families on the ship. Luckily, DH and I got to leave the kids at home so we could enjoy getting rid of the Atlanta stress...but no worries, they had a ball at grandma and grandpa's in the country!

First, we visited Key West and had a good time. We have been there before and didn't think we would enjoy it this time, but we were wrong.

The second stop was Cozumel. Being in the Navy for C School and going to Tijiuana a lot, I expected to have a little bit more fun. Yes, bartering is fun, but I really like to go to the bars and hear the music and watch everyone have a really good time--Mexico style. Tijiuana is of course in Mexico but they catered to the Americans or foreigners for the $$. Although Cozumel was out further (duh), I thought it was a little frustrating that everything was in Pesos and the staff that the restaurants couldn't give us a rough figure in US$$ although everyone in the establishment was American and they were mostly 18year olds that had no idea what the bill would be....anyway that was my grip with Mexico. The other was of course the merchants not taking no for an answer---although I am somewhat used to it, they were very persistant.

I would have to say the Caymans was the best port and thanks to these boards we happily tried the Rum Cake and quickly fell in love! DH tried to get away with just a taste but couldn't help trying ALL the flavors. I also like the fact that when we ate and drank, we had our check translated in CI$$, US$$, and European$$ right there on the check--that made it nice.

Will post some pics when we arrive home tomorrow. HATE TO BE BACK!!!!!! !!!

Jewel Of The Seas 04/01/2007

Majesty of the Seas 11/17/2003
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Welcome back,
Glad to hear you had a great time on Jewel, she's a lovely ship.

So, do you have the next cruise planned yet?

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 10th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Passenger

She was a beautiful ship. I will say after being mommy and daddy at home we were looking forward to having some real fun at the club. But the DJ played horrible music all week and no one was ever in there.

Of course, that little thing didn't cut down on the 400+ pictures we took

I am looking at the Voyager class or I had been looking a Mariner before this one.

Cruising is an awesome experience!!!!!

Jewel Of The Seas 04/01/2007

Majesty of the Seas 11/17/2003