Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:50 PM
First Mate

Default Caribbean - Parasailing?

This is a strange question, and I don't know how to go about asking it, other than the way I'm going to.

My friend said she heard of some type of "viewing" where you sit in a seat, way up in the air, being pulled by ropes, or hanging from a cable. They say the viewing is just out of this world. :o

Does anyone know what I am talking about, and how I could go about finding where this is done, and how much?

We have 4 days before cruising, so I'm trying to ask this quick.
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

It's either parasailing, or it could be a zipline tour that they are talking about. The description could apply to both.

And both are available in several ports in the Caribbean.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 9th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am going parisailing for the first time in October during one of our port of calls. I actually did some research on this and the cruise I am going on isn't offering any excursions which consist of parisailing. The last port of call is Aruba, which I've been to before and just love, and on Palm Beach they have watersports located on the beach that offers just about any water sport, especially parasailing. Let me know what islands you are going to and maybe I can help you locate a independant watersport company on that island if your cruise isn't offering any excursions with parisailing. If you are traveling to Aruba you can contact Unique Sports that offer parisailing and their telephone number is Tel/Fax: (297) 586-0096 THEY ARE LOCATED ??
On the Beach of Palm Beach between Radisson 4 Diamond Resort and Riu. Our boats leave from the pier in front of our shop. We also provide free of charge hotel pick-up service if you are staying in other fine hotels.

If I can be of any help please ask and I'll try to help you. Happy Crusing.

Jessie
Old April 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
First Mate

Default Zipline tour

Does anyone know what I am talking about when I ask about Zipline tour? Someone has suggested this.

What I'm looking for is (it may be parasailing, but I'm not for sure), it takes you way up in the air in a sea, and I believe pulls you, or you move along a cable.

I'm going to be in St. Lucia, and wondered if anyone knew if they did anything like this in that island. It is so beautiful there, and I would love to take some overhead pictures.
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

I did some research and here is a website you can look into regarding zip lining. The webiste address is: http://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/J...ATVZipline.htm

Jessie
Old April 9th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

I also found another website for St. Lucia since that is the island you will be visiting. The website is: http://www.shoretrips.com/common/groups3.asp? grpcod=G070214003.

Good luck and please let me know if either one of these webistes were helpful.

Jessie