Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Beginner

Default Jamaica, horseback riding and Dunn's River Falls

New to Cruisemates, great site. Will be taking a Western Caribbean cruise in July, on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Sea. Would like to do the horseback riding excursion and also see Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica. Does anyone know if the Horseback Riding Excursion goes to the Falls??
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Passenger

Hi,

We are traveling on Mariner in July as well. By any chance will you be on the July 15th cruise.

Laura
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Beginner

Hi Laura,
Yes I will be on the July 15th cruise. We are taking our 18 year old Goddaughter on a cruise for her graduation. We will also be celebrating our 30th Anniversary on July 16th. We will be traveling with my Mother, Father, and Brother in-law, and another couple. I'm at work, so I don't know the exact room number, but we are in an inside stateroom on Deck 9. Have you been to the Western Caribbean before? If so, any suggestions, especially on shore excursions. This is only our 2nd cruise, both on Royal Caribbean, we went to the Eastern Caribbean 5 years ago for our 25th anniversary, don't know how it could get much better, best vacation ever!! Can't wait, we live in West Virginia, and had 4 inches of snow this past Saturday...
Old April 11th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Passenger

Default Horseback

We did the horseback thing in Ocho Rios in 2003. It was ok, but I really felt badly for the horses, & Im not an overboard animal lover by any means. But those horses were really malnourished, & toteing us around thru the water was clearly hard on them.

We did not go the the falls by horse, all they did was go back & forth a few times in a river or some other body of water. The rest of the 3 hours was thru farms trails.

From talking with many others Dunn River Falls would have been a better choice. Have fun!
Old April 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Hi RCS77,

We celebrated our 25th anniversary last June and celebrated it on the Navigator of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean. We traveled with my husband's sister and her husband. Had such a great time we booked another cruise while on the ship and this time we are bringing our kids. There will be 12 total in our group.

We have never done Western Caribbean, but my husband's sister did. They went to Dunns River Falls. Said it was a bit tricky to climb. We have not booked our excursions yet.

We have a balcony cabin on the 8th floor. We are from New York. It would be really cool to meet your family. Perhaps we could figure out away to meet.

Laura