Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Beginner

Default Make-up mirror, hairdryer, etc. and other ?'s ....

How is the lighting in the rooms? Should I pack my make-up mirror? I've never had a good experience w/ the hairdryers provided in hotels, etc., so I was going to pack mine and even bring an extension cord. First time cruising ..... I'm going w/ my grandmother, so that is two females in one room and I feel that the make-up mirror is necessary to free up the bathroom..... any advice is appreciated! Because of what I've read on this board, I am also going to pack a travel clock, highlighter, pens and post-it pads and maybe a shoe organizer to hang on the door. A customer of mine gave me a fairly big collapsible cooler and said to tip our steward well and he would keep it full of ice. I was wondering if it is worth it to bring and is packing a box of wine unadvisable?
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
First Mate

you will read many views re: bringning wine so I won't give a opinion. As far as mirror I found lighting very good. Of course if you have a inside cabin that might be different. So not knowing what cabin you are in my experience in a JS or D1 is that they have a nice seating area you can use hair dryer curling iron make up etc. while the other uses the bathroom mirror. Both have good lighting.I have not found a problem with two getting ready at the same time. There is only one hair dryer per cabin so maybe you might need to bring one.