Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Beginner

Default Grand Suite on the Liberty of the Seas

I decided to book a suite for my family of 4 (2 adults and two children) for our upcoming cruise on the liberty of the seas. I have several questions for anyone in the know and appreciate whatever information you can provide.

First, I have heard that if you book a suite you are entitled to certain amenities. I would love to know what these amenities include.
Also, is it true that if you booked in a grand suite that you can embark earlier on arrival day?
Do you think a grand suite as opposed to 2 separate rooms would be comfortable for a family of 4 people?
Finally, does anyone have any photos of the grand suites from the freedom of the seas (which I assume will be almost the same as the loberty GS)?
I am so excited to take our first rcc and appreciate any information anyone can provide.
Thank you so much for any information.
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:33 PM
First Mate

We booked the Family Royal Suite aboard the Grandeur of the Seas today.

So that said, we are also wondering what amenities are available for suite lovers

2005 Carnival Spirit to Alaska

2007 Carnival Conquest to Western Caribbean

2008 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to New England/Canada

2010 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to Southern Caribbean
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:36 PM
First Mate

Its really special to be in a suite. I say go for it and enjoy. You get lots of perks that are listed on the RCCL web site. Yes preboarding and first to disembark.Concierge service is great and the cabins are very roomy for four. Ofcourse you didn't say their ages so maybe you would rather they have their own space and you get privacy. It really depends but I think I would go for the suite.
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:39 PM
First Mate

There is one big problem. If this is your first and you book a GS OH you won't go back to a regular cabin.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:46 AM
First Mate

If booking royal are in my case a, owners suite what time is the early imbarekent if there is so a perk, And how do they know if you are on that suite.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Grand Suite on the Liberty of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by four of us
I decided to book a suite for my family of 4 (2 adults and two children) for our upcoming cruise on the liberty of the seas. I have several questions for anyone in the know and appreciate whatever information you can provide.

First, I have heard that if you book a suite you are entitled to certain amenities. I would love to know what these amenities include.
Also, is it true that if you booked in a grand suite that you can embark earlier on arrival day?
Do you think a grand suite as opposed to 2 separate rooms would be comfortable for a family of 4 people?
Finally, does anyone have any photos of the grand suites from the freedom of the seas (which I assume will be almost the same as the loberty GS)?
I am so excited to take our first rcc and appreciate any information anyone can provide.
Thank you so much for any information.
Four: Congrats on choosing a GS. These are very nice and spacious with a large balcony. There are many extras included, and I'm sure you'll want to be surprised when you first enter your room. In the meantime, here's some answers to extras from RCI's website:

Diamond-level and above Crown & Anchor Society members and guests booked in the Grand Suites or above can now take advantage of the Concierge Club. Available on the Enchantment of the Seas® and all Voyager and Radiance-class ships, Concierge Club guests will receive this complimentary service that provides assistance with any special requests they may have while sailing. As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests including: A dedicated Concierge who is available to assist with anything you require
Twenty-four-hour a day use of the Concierge Club Lounge
Continental breakfast every morningâ€* and open bar & hors d'oeuvres every evening available in the Concierge Club Lounge
Assistance with reservations for Portofino Italian restaurant & Chops Grille Steakhouse
Assistance with Explorations! Bookings
Assistance booking appointments for Salon or Spa treatments
Priority tickets for the ice skating show
Assistance with the arrangement of private parties
Personalized Discover Shopping advice
DVDs and CDs available to borrow during the Concierge's hours
Pre-ordering of your dinner wine
Business services (faxing, copying, etc.)

Embarkation: Suite guests don't board any earlier than other guests. But they do wait in the terminal in a special waiting area and then board "first". As for debarkation, any guest can ask for early debarkation and should have no problem getting it, for an early flight for example. Suite guests are entitled to early debarkation, but why anyone would want to leave early is beyond me...unless you need to get to an early flight.

As for comfort with a family of four: it really depends on what's important to you: if you want lots of space that you all share, the suite will be really nice. On the other hand, you'll be sharing one bathroom (although it is big with 2 sinks and a tub), lots of marble and granite. You don't mention the ages of your children. If having 2 bathrooms is important, you may want to consider adjoining cabins of a D1 - balcony & F - large oceanview on Deck 9. Check out this link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...vigation=false

I'll put some suite photos in the Photo Gallery of a GS I took last September on the Freedom OTS.

Take care, Steve
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:11 AM
First Mate

Can't speak for a suite. What we did was get a balcony cabin for ourselves and an inside cabin directly across the hall for the kids. They could come over ane enjoy the balcony if they wanted, but we had two baths that way, more privacy, and my teenaged son liked the inside cabin because the sun didn't wake him up too early.

The suites do come with the extras and there is more room to move around, so I'm sure you will have a great time either way.

April 1, 2006 - Serenade of the Seas - 7 days to the Southern Caribbean

October 8, 1984 - NCL Sunward II - 3 day cruise to the Bahamas
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:14 AM
Beginner

8) well, my brother and i have always booked an owners suite for the two of us....

the difference is that if you do go with the grand suite, as opposed to two rooms, you will have only one bed and one pull-out and one bathroom.

with two rooms that adjoin, you have two bathrooms.

the amenities with a suite are: concierge lounge which has complimentary food and beverages during 5-7 pm....

they can make the reservations at the specialty restaurants, and the shows.

happy cruiing 8)